Rodi under sink install question.

Ok, I need to dial back then because it's like 100 psi closed.

btw, the tank felt full for 10 minutes and still wasn't shutting off. So I stopped the system.
There should be a place on the booster pump to use an Allen wrench to dial it in. You don’t want the fast flush valve open at all when making water. Hole in the middle is where mine adjusts with an Allen wrench.

That could be why the booster isn’t shutting off also.

Attachments

• IMG_6160.jpeg
    IMG_6160.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
btw, the tank felt full for 10 minutes and still wasn't shutting off. So I stopped the system
If the flush valve wasn't completely closed that would definitely happen. I expect you will be a total expert at rodi systems when this is all done. (y)

I appreciate the positive affirmation guys.

so everything is hooked up.. gauge at 80psi. no leaks. flow valve fully closed and pump turned off! So now time to mount it up! only thing not working is tds meter but thats ok for now!

So I have another issue. The apartment socket underneath the sink, why would it work when I plug in the disposal line but not the pump transformer? Transformer works on cornertop socket

Attachments

• 20240324_172006.jpg
    20240324_172006.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
So I guess its safe to surmise that the sink socket is wired wrong. Not sure if that was done purposely or not. If it isn't one thing it's another. 🤦🏼‍♂️

So now, only way I can use pump is by manually plugging it with a cord ran across kitchen.

So I have another issue. The apartment socket underneath the sink, why would it work when I plug in the disposal line but not the pump transformer? Transformer works on cornertop socket
Is there not a switch or button to activate the garbage disposal? This is actually wired to the outlet, so there is only power when the switch or button is activated. If the electrician was smart only half the outlet is switched and the other half is live to share with other devices.

Is there not a switch or button to activate the garbage disposal? This is actually wired to the outlet, so there is only power when the switch or button is activated. If the electrician was smart only half the outlet is switched and the other half is live to share with other devices.
One is wired to switch, the other doesn't work. The one wired to the switch works with the 3 pronged disposal plugged in bit not the 2 pronged transform.

One is wired to switch, the other doesn't work. The one wired to the switch works with the 3 pronged disposal plugged in bit not the 2 pronged transform.
I'm not an electricial but I believe if the neutral wire is mistakenly attached to ground it will still function but is dangerous. The fact the transformer has no ground connector, it therefore has no neutral and can't work. I hope I'm wrong because it sounds scary.

If I understand
I’m not sure what we’re looking at here. Looks like an extension cord with two things plugged into it.

If I understand

I’m not sure what we’re looking at here. Looks like an extension cord with two things plugged into it.
Yes that is correct. I had planned on using it to plug in 2 things since only one socket works.

But that socket only works with a 3 pronged appliance.

I'm not an electricial but I believe if the neutral wire is mistakenly attached to ground it will still function but is dangerous. The fact the transformer has no ground connector, it therefore has no neutral and can't work. I hope I'm wrong because it sounds scary.
That sounds right. It's what I got when I Googled. At this piont I am cutting ties with it because I'm not an electrician either.

My other choice is ask the maintenance guy to fix the plug which I doubt he would do once he found out it for a personal accessory and not something for the function of the apartment or find a electrician and see if they'll fix it for me for the low.

That sounds right. It's what I got when I Googled. At this piont I am cutting ties with it because I'm not an electrician either.

My other choice is ask the maintenance guy to fix the plug which I doubt he would do once he found out it for a personal accessory and not something for the function of the apartment or find a electrician and see if they'll fix it for me for the low.
You could get a 3 prong extension cord and run it from another outlet.

on another note.. i got a handheld tds meter and the non treated water reads 115 ppm and the ro water reads 33 ppm. will this come down?

on another note.. i got a handheld tds meter and the non treated water reads 115 ppm and the ro water reads 33 ppm. will this come down?
115 to start you should be 4ppm or less after RO I would think. If you are measuring water from the pressure tank then there is likely some contaminants that will go away over successive fillings.

Back