Breeding Clams at home

the proof is not in the many postings youve put up, blu, it's in the fact that it's been since march of 11 and nada has happened, except you don't have a tank or clams. talk is cheap. lack of knowledge in the face of your limitations is the same. the proof is in trying, which has not occurred. at least Columbus sailed and NASA launched.

the proof is not in the many postings youve put up, blu, it's in the fact that it's been since march of 11 and nada has happened, except you don't have a tank or clams. talk is cheap. lack of knowledge in the face of your limitations is the same. the proof is in trying, which has not occurred. at least Columbus sailed and NASA launched.

1) don't hate
2) I Know of someone (not on Rc) who has bred the clams in their system
3) I don't see you saying you have tried this. Don't put down what you have failed to do.
4) I have learned a lot from this and it has been a while since this was started but the hobby is made of patientence which is a virtue.
5)keep it up BluScrnOdeth!

Last edited:
1) don't hate
2) I Know of someone (not on Rc) who has bred the clams in their system
3) I don't see you saying you have tried this. Don't put down what you have failed to do.
4) I have learned a lot from this and it has been a while since this was started but the hobby is made of patientence which is a virtue.
5)keep it up BluScrnOdeth!

1) don't prejudge
2) provide some details, like who this someone is, and pics; otherwise it's words, just words.
3) logically, why would i try something if i believe it won't work?
4) have you learned to do the research?
5) i agree, but it's been a year, over a year, and Blu has no tank, let alone clams
6) it's done on a massive scale in the s pacific, but they've done it for years and have nat seawater by the ton complete with food.

1) don't prejudge
2) provide some details, like who this someone is, and pics; otherwise it's words, just words.
5) i agree, but it's been a year, over a year, and Blu has no tank, let alone clams
6) it's done on a massive scale in the s pacific, but they've done it for years and have nat seawater by the ton complete with food.

@ Moliken, is this what you life has become? So pathetic that knocking down your own dreams and aspirations isn't enough, now you have to knock down others? If you want to go through life with "glass is half empty" attitude that is fine but don't leverage that attitude to cut-down others... its just not productive.

1) don't prejudge

2) the person in reference is on a different forum and the pics are not on the form where they used to be. I think its an uploading thing because its from a couple years ago. Not sure they aren't there. I don't know his name.

3) you gotta try everything on your dinner plate:)

4) every night

5) just because he doesn't have it in his current tank info doesn't mean he doesn't have
a tank. I wanna see pics of your tank Blu.

6) So?
I want to be mature so this conversation is now ended

Bluscrnodeth,

I LIKED what you were trying. To be honest, I didn't think it would work either but so what ? You were ready to try.
Although I did think you started the posting a bit early in the process, I think you should not hesitate to start a new thread when you are ready.

Please give me a heads up when you do.

I agree with tommer and sail, give it another shot. I like to say: "it's better to try and fail than fail to try"

Listen most of the cool things take lots of trial and error. Some of what i read here makes sense some does not but in the end collect the data, the data never lie. You may not speak their laguage but they never lie.

- mark

You should really check out Acro Al. The dude is rocking it in Australia, though nothing can come to the States :(

i've been following him on facebook for a while now. he's doing amazing work.

sucks that all i can do is look. he's got some gorgeous clams, and his acros are ridiculous too.

Who says it can't be done?. We have several giant clam hatcheries here in my state. They are breeding all 7 giant clams to be released back to the wild.

Back