BTA Show Off Thread!

Updated Video of my anemone tank, Check it out

<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3c3ZLk88axE?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3c3ZLk88axE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1280" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here are two of ours. The one that is sort of in the center is the original. The one that is on the left top/bottom is the clone or split(?). Not sure what the correct term to call it. This is my son's 29 gallon bio-cube.

At first we thought cool, we'll take it out and put it in the tank downstairs. Then we said no, because it wasn't really clear how to move it let alone not wanting to disrupt the rocks surrounding him/it. If it splits again I'm not really sure what we will do because when the both of them get hungry they spread out really wide and take up over half the tank. We feed them both silver sides once a week. Sometimes I'll give them a cube of mysis shrimp.

The tank has a goby, pair of clowns, peppermint and cleaner shrimp. Coral is zoa's, green star polyps, blue clove polyps (not sure how they got in there), and the kenya trees (I think that is what they are called). We are looking to put something at the top layer / level of the tank but not sure what would do well between the zoa's and clove polyps. Birds nest maybe or a yellow leather was coming to mind.

We thought about anohter fish - something to combat the pod population that has exploded recently.

230877_405378686225826_651431558_n.jpg

69884_405378622892499_1006653830_n.jpg

429622_405378762892485_421715964_n.jpg

522481_405378786225816_714707922_n.jpg

Thanks guys... FTS??? It's a little old, but OK...

TANK-FTSLIGHTS.jpg

Very nice, now you need 2 T5 bulbs a Blue Plus and a Purple Plus!!!

JK

Love your light set up...

Im running a 250 20k Halide pendant with 2 T5 Blue plus and 2 T5 Purple Plus and probably will add some Royal Blue LEDs...

Flaming Pink? Bubble Tip Anemone.....

Flaming Pink? Bubble Tip Anemone.....

I'm well aware that this specimen has most likely has gone through some form of bleaching (via high intensity lighting). However; that being said.....I took a chance on this particular anemone since it was "orphaned" at an LFS by a good client who was moving. It has been in captivity for quite some time from the original client. I'm hoping that since it has been in captivity for awhile and the tips of it are still orange/gold - despite the bleaching.....the colour will remain as vibrant. Traditionally from my experience; bubble tip anemones that are "fresh off the plane" and bleached will return to their "normal" colouration in time. Also; the tips are generally bleached as well - no gold or orange. It's currently being held for me as I'm awaiting the completion of my new Display. It's being held under T5 conditions; but low level lighting T5s (4 bulbs, not 6 or 8 bulbs). We'll see if the colour changes in low(er) intesity lighting. No photo shopping or editing involved in these pics. Enjoy.....

Wow, none of my BTA look quiet as good as most of those but I'm gonna share anyways because I have a a thing for them.

IMG_06471.jpg

All three as they sit in my tank currently

IMG_06351.jpg

The smaller rose right after I got it

Sorry about the camera pics

Back