BTA Show Off Thread!

one of mine and Neopetrolisthes ohshimai

anemonekrabbe_zpsacae379f.jpg

Svein

BTAs and Maroon pair

BTAs and Maroon pair

Here are some of mine. The BTAs take up half of a 50 breeder.

Attachments

• IMG_9857.jpg
    IMG_9857.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
My Bubble Tips

My Bubble Tips

Let's just say this is the first post, (hopefully with Pictures). First one is my 6" BTA not sure of the color, Kind of Green/Orange in Tank. Eats well about every 4 days, Small Krill. Second one is a Small BTA that I am not sure what color it will turn out to be. It's Pink tipped right now but not as VIVID as when I first got it 3 weeks ago. I figured it was bleached out or had expelled its Zoosanthele. But I started to feed it, and so far all is well. Small Aptasia next to it has been blasted with Aptasia-X, and is no longer in this WOrld. No effect on the pink tipped anemone. Bruce

Attachments

• rbta.jpg
    rbta.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Pink-RBTA.jpg
    Pink-RBTA.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is one of mine. I took this last night at the end of the photo period during my sunset phase. This one is normally about 2' across but it was already receding when I took this picture. I will try to get another shot when I get home today when it's closer to full size.
image_zps15a64b6f.jpg

Here are a few couple better pictures from today. I just took a video that shows them in the varying current. It's uploading and processing. I will post it shortly.
image_zps4869d05e.jpg

image_zps56913bf7.jpg

image_zpsd1be0b2d.jpg

Here is a video of them.
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6rwYnW8atds?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slief, your rbta's are huge! Looks amazing swaying back and forth in the video.
Did you end up selling all those other large ones already? I wanted to grab one but the drive is to far.

That little, well, maybe not little, box looking fish is a photo bomber! Not shy at all.

Yea, the Long Horn Cowfish just loves photo op's. He follows me around the tank like a puppy dog. I can't take a picture or video without him crashing the party. He was really little when I got him about several months ago. He was about 2" then and now 4" or so long. Still little by my standards. He is well fed though. I hand feed him because he's slow and dumb and can't compete well with my other fish for food. He will however play tug o war over nori with the tangs. He has no fear that's for sure. I feed him nori, mysis and LRS Fish Frenzy and Reef Frenzy. All by hand to make sure he gets his fill.

Slief, your rbta's are huge! Looks amazing swaying back and forth in the video.
Did you end up selling all those other large ones already? I wanted to grab one but the drive is to far.

I started with the big one and it split a year ago so now I have the two. I've never sold any of mine. I've had this big one for years now although it's probably tripled in size in that time and I don't even feed them at all. They get their nutrition from the water.

Here are some of mine
wFP9tUa.jpg

nothing altered from raw. only adjusted for colour temp. They do show a variation in intensity of colour from day to day. this was a particularly good day for them.

That is pretty much how mine look. We started with one smaller that actually showed the bubble tips and now we have 3 with longer tips. I'm starting to think it has something to do with flow that turns the arms to long lengths.

It split once then again. Both of those are not doing too well after their split and only now starting to recover. I think pretty soon these will take over my 40 breeder :(

Back