Bubble alge

jh2pizza

I have some pieces of rock that are totaly covered with bubble alge. Is there any way to kill it instead of discarding the rock? picking it off or scrubbing it off is out of the question due to the huge amount tof it that has built up over the entire surface. Any thoughts?

My Emeralds ate the little bit I had.
The only down side to that, though is when the Bubble breaks, it sends spores into the water.

crabs

crabs

I have emerald crabs and they do eat it, but its hard to imagine the level of covreage on this rock. The rock is gone. Its totaly covered. It was, at one time a very nice pc. Didnt know if there was a way of killing it other than just tossing the rock out.

BUMP.

Any news on your Bubble Algae Problem?
Im starting to notice a lot growing in my tank and my emeralds are nowhere to be found. I guess I'll have to add more.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I just removed the one pc that was covered. put it in the fuge for now. Lack of lighting will help somewhat. I dont have near the amount of light there.

The rest is fine. Also, I thinkPhishy has emralds the other day for a good price. May want to check with him.

Back