Bubble King Skimmer Club

I have a Double Cone 200 that I wanna get a self cleaning head for. The manual says the lid measures 200 and 220 at different angles? What size lid for the Vertex Vectra would I need to fit my skimmer?

I have a Double Cone 200 that I wanna get a self cleaning head for. The manual says the lid measures 200 and 220 at different angles? What size lid for the Vertex Vectra would I need to fit my skimmer?

200mm should be correct for the dims on the collection cup which is what you want to go off of for the SCH lid. The outer diameter of the lid (edge to edge) is probably 220mm.

200mm should be correct for the dims on the collection cup which is what you want to go off of for the SCH lid. The outer diameter of the lid (edge to edge) is probably 220mm.

Thank you very much! Aquarium Speciality just called me back to confirm that was the right size!

Thank you for the update, I look forward to sending in my pre-order :celeb2:

Yes, it´s under development, comming soon... it´s a very small hightech 12 Volt SineWave Pump. Look the stator and rotor prototyp on the left side from the RD3 Pump...
We make it for the Double-Cones 130 and 150 + Mini Bubble Kings. All Parts are made from Titanium Grade2. All Parts are made in our Factory in Germany. ( The CNC-made Propellers are come from the United States :D )

This very small 12 Volt DC pump is for the smaller skimmers with max. 60 Watt and for propellerpumps.

best regards ... Klaus

ps.. thanks to all our Customers for the pretty pictures :wave: Yes, the supermarines are one of our best skimmers and Premium-Aquatics is our best RE-Dealer in USA include best customer-support.

BK DC 180 in 105 gallons. 25 Watts sitting in 8" water.

1FB91A9A-68A9-4256-A73A-2F8E334FD998_zpsjquori6d.jpg

09E7A38A-9DE1-4431-9736-A90F78FABA96_zpso7odbu6o.jpg

I have one of the original SM250's. Still running with the old pump. I think mine is 6 years old now?

Still love it every time I see the waterfall of skimmate bubbling down into the collection cup :rollface:

1404608093_zpsf8ac6613.jpg

tbone28: Now that is a beautiful thing. Consistent, constant removal of skimmate from your system. Certainly, you could graduate into one of the newer styles of skimmer, but why? I've always been in the school of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it." Quite obviously, your SM250 isn't broke! I love the beginnings of coralline in the chamber - it lets me know that skimmer has been in operation for a long time...

One question: Remembering what you paid for this unit new, would you consider it having been worth the investment? :) I'm guessing I know the answer, but having you confirm it would be great.

I love it! I'm going to point to your response whenever I get a Newb complaining about the pricing of the higher-end units in our hobby. You've been using your skimmer for 6 years, and from the pics it's still performing like the first day it was broken in completely. That's some quality engineering! Props to ze Germans!

I love it! I'm going to point to your response whenever I get a Newb complaining about the pricing of the higher-end units in our hobby. You've been using your skimmer for 6 years, and from the pics it's still performing like the first day it was broken in completely. That's some quality engineering! Props to ze Germans!

When it comes to these skimmers, you definitely get what you pay for. Most people can't comprehend spending that kind of money for skimmer because they don't necessarily have first hand experience with these skimmers. Consistency, efficiency and longevity are very important factors when it comes to a great skimmer. The BK's undoubtedly meet those criteria and consistently produce some of the best, nastiest skimmate I've ever seen and in 25+ years, I've owned a lot of high end skimmers.

Thank you! I probably did see it, I have been following this thread for a while. I have a Super Marin 200 and love it.

I am looking at getting the Bubble King Double Cone 200 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump but not sure if it will fit in my sump. My sump is a Trigger Ruby Elite. Will this skimmer fit?

I am looking at getting the Bubble King Double Cone 200 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump but not sure if it will fit in my sump. My sump is a Trigger Ruby Elite. Will this skimmer fit?

There are several versions of the Ruby Trigger Elite sump. Best bet would be to measure your skimmer section in that sump. The Double Cone needs at 12.6" x 16" (320mm x 400mm) of space total. If you have that much space, you should be fine.

There are several versions of the Ruby Trigger Elite sump. Best bet would be to measure your skimmer section in that sump. The Double Cone needs at 12.6" x 16" (320mm x 400mm) of space total. If you have that much space, you should be fine.

Spec on my sump says skimmer section is 12.5 x 17.5, so that means it is just slightly too big :sad2: I really wanted this skimmer too. the next size down is for a 150 gal tank and mine is 180

Last edited:
Spec on my sump says skimmer section is 12.5 x 17.5, so that means it is just slightly too big :sad2: I really wanted this skimmer too. the next size down is for a 150 gal tank and mine is 180

Is your overall volume 180 or is your display 180? Your stock load has a lot to do with it also. If you tank is not heavily loaded with fish, the Double Cone 180 would probably be perfect. You are better off having a skimmer that works consistently hard than an oversized skimmer that becomes inconsistent because you don't have enough dissolved solids to keep it skimming properly.

Is your overall volume 180 or is your display 180? Your stock load has a lot to do with it also. If you tank is not heavily loaded with fish, the Double Cone 180 would probably be perfect. You are better off having a skimmer that works consistently hard than an oversized skimmer that becomes inconsistent because you don't have enough dissolved solids to keep it skimming properly.

I have a 180 gal tank and 40 ish gal sump No fish yet but will be stocked with butterfly's , angels and a tang or 2 so medium to heavy stocked
So you think the Double cone 180 rated for a 150 gal would be an option??

Back