Buffing out glass (professional help)

thirst

One pane of on my glass seems to have dirtiness that I can't scrap off. I've tried razor blade etc. should I try cerium oxide? Anyone know a professional who I can hire to buff it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in to way a professional but I have used cerium oxide before, it gets everywhere if u can beef the scratch with you nail it will polish the scratch but you will still be able to see it, so if you do you it MAKE SURE YOUR GLASS IS VERY CLEAN, or you will scratch it more

Had a similar "˜dirtiness' problem with a 300DD tank... glass appeared to have been 'etched' by coralline algae that stayed there way too long. There was nothing that worked to clean/repair it, even tried professional help!

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Had a similar "˜dirtiness' problem with a 300DD tank... glass appeared to have been 'etched' by coralline algae that stayed there way too long. There was nothing that worked to clean/repair it, even tried professional help!

Hope you have better luck than I did.

I had the same prob with old tank. One side was etched and I'm thinking it was the coralline algae that was not scraped in years. I didn't have any luck buffing it.

Yea I think that's what happened too, coralline been there too long!!! Ugh so maybe it is hopeless [emoji24]

It's probably just calcium deposits. I use Lime removal from Home Depot.

I've scraped away deposits w razor blades, this seems to have chemically reacted w the glass/etched. [emoji24]

It’s probably just calcium deposits. I use Lime removal from Home Depot.

No this is different.. if you leave Coraline on long enough... Months and months, it will edge permanently.

Last edited:
Back