Build Thread

Mike all is running smooth finishing making the last 80 gallons of water then I can fire up the whole system. Once again Mike Thanks for all of your hard work.

Sweet! I am glad to hear everything is running smooth. I wish I would have known what your electrical plan was. I could have installed those two circuits in a couple of hours for you. I am always glad to lend a helping hand to a friend and fellow reefer. You never know when you may need someone else's help.

Speaking of a helping hand. I though of Jeff Boylan today. He passed away from cancer a few months ago. He was one of my helping hands from time to time. This is a good time to remember him and all the help he gave us over the years. Rest in peace good fella.

Have you thought about putting your chiller in your garage? I think it would be much more efficient sitting out there rather than being in your stand.

Lookin good Frank............

Not sure about your aquascape.......it looks good, but I question if you're going to have enough surface area for all the corals you have plus what you plan on adding. Maybe it's just the 2D effect of the picture?

Good luck with everything

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone going to a larger tank, plus a frag tank 2/3 the size of his previous tank. And not going to have enough space for his corals. :)

Keep the updates coming, Frank. Your new reef project is top-notch all the way! And don't forget to bring some of that amazing Great Lakes beer with you when you visit my reef in SW Ohio. :beer:

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone going to a larger tank, plus a frag tank 2/3 the size of his previous tank. And not going to have enough space for his corals

I'm speaking specifically about the aquascape & the area of rock that has light available to the corals........if you want show piece corals in your frag tank thats cool I guess.

I must have missed the post that suggestions aren't allowed in this build thread.

I'll wait till I have a gushing praise comment to post next time.

Last edited:
There is a lot more surface area in his aquascape that what appears from the pictures.
Frank also still needs to add a few large rocks towards the front of the tank that already have colonies on them once the tank cycles.

I'm speaking specifically about the aquascape & the area of rock that has light available to the corals........if you want show piece corals in your frag tank thats cool I guess.

I must have missed the post that suggestions aren't allowed in this build thread.

I'll wait till I have a gushing praise comment to post next time.

WOW, relax Big E. It was meant as a joke towards Chef, because he is buying all these colonies for his new tank. Next time I try to make a sarcastic comment, I'll make sure to let everyone know first. Sheesh.

looks to me like everybody but frank was working chef was just drinking beer :) Now thats the way to do a build. Frank next time but beer for everybody not just yourself. Cant wait to see the onyx in there.

Update pics....

Update pics....

Got the gurgle busters tuned pretty good on the frag tank and a plastic barrier was installed to make a control center in the stand. With a little elbow grease it came out pretty nice.
SANY0006-1.jpg

SANY0005-1.jpg

SANY0004-1.jpg

I have had my 400w lights on for 5.5 hours and tank temp @ 79.9! Not bad! I will let them run for 8 hours tomorrow and see!

Vivek, I have a chiller also just seeeing the temp without being switched over yet! I thought the tank temp would have been higher!

Tank has started its cylce so I will probably be ready to start the switch in last week of february! I will update new pics when this process starts!

Looking Good Frank, Missed ya last night. You wouldn't of been happy though, they ran out of Jack on Sagi's second drink.

Back