Building a conduit Light mount. Need input/help

Might take the last two comments and combine them. Go with a metal pipe and put an elbow or tee on the end so in the event it does get bumped, it won't fall out as easily. Looks like the wood is already sagging as well. It will probably hold, but is it worth the risk?

The wood was never completely straight and it did sag (but only about 1/8-1/4"). As far as it getting bumped and falling in the tank, there are a couple of finishing nails on the back of the rod keeping it from sliding.

I'm still looking for an ornate metal rod to use in its place like a solid curtain rod. I'm in no rush but am keeping my eyes open.

I would have bought some of these mounts from the other post, but you can't beat how much I spent compared to purchasing a specifically designed mount.

Just figured I'd update this thread. Decided to go with a couple of shepards hooks I picked up locally ($12) and I just mounted them to the side of the tank then used a closet rod across. Looks decent and works great and was under $40 total.

f805242ee663f7353df91782137d132c.jpg

e65205b3b7716a2d154a8527be325cfe.jpg

9046635b6e5e2e6cd06c449509418544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this idea a lot. I will probably modify it a bit for my build, but it's almost exactly what the dr ordered.

Back