Building out a Red Sea Nano

My diffuser came with a trade off. Really helped spread light evenly but also had to increase settings to get similar PAR numbers.
IMG_5592.jpeg
IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg
IMG_5242.jpeg

Last edited:
Was in Columbus over the weekend. Couldn’t help myself. Stopped by three stores and stocked up on what I could find. Added an emerald crab, Pederson shrimp, a few sps, and a yuma.

IMG_5426.jpeg
IMG_5422.jpeg

I haven’t been to Rivers in a couple weeks. I haven’t been to reef systems in a while. I’ll stop by Matt’s occasionally and while he seems to have good quality, I find his stuff to be a little rich for me

Believe it or not, before they consolidated the two Petcos that used to be near me into a more central location, one used to have an awesome saltwater section and regularly had Pederson shrimp. Since the consolidation, their SW selection is hit or miss...usually more of a miss. But, I did get a really nice LTA from there that's still doing well.

Believe it or not, before they consolidated the two Petcos that used to be near me into a more central location, one used to have an awesome saltwater section and regularly had Pederson shrimp. Since the consolidation, their SW selection is hit or miss...usually more of a miss. But, I did get a really nice LTA from there that's still doing well.
Because of my location now it’s difficult to travel to get fish. So I placed an order through Petco and was really happy with what I received. But when I went to a store in person was disappointed. So yeah hit or miss.

Anyone know where I could find those micro feather dusters? Some find them to be a nuisance but would really help with some diversity.

I can’t think of anyone off hand. Looking around it’s mainly large ones. I thought Rivers had some last time I was in but they were on massive rocks. You may also want to try reaching out to IPSF, KP, or Tampa Bay Saltwater (or similar diver to consumer operation) and see if they can help you out?

Thanks. I’ll look around and see what I can find. I know many people find these annoying pests but a lot of fish eat them and helps fill in the ecosystem a bit.

I have some random ones growing here and there. I will check and see if any can be easily separated.
I don’t know why but I like having little things like this. Adds as a treat for some of the fish to poke around and scavenge.

Baby berghia all grown now. 🥹 I remember when they were just eggs…

IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg

Here’s a new one that I haven’t come across before. I’ve been fighting alkalinity for the past three months. It’s been low 4.8-5.6dkh but growth had been pretty decent. I’ve been dosing more to improve this but my calcium kept dropping instead. Lost a bunch of sps colonies anytime I got over 6dkh. New test kit arrived yesterday from Hannah. Dkh was double what the previous kit was telling me (10.8dkh). Came to realize I’ve been upping dkh into the stratosphere and slowly killing my corals.

Although the doser system has merits… I’m half tempted to go back to my calcium reactor as that was a dial in a forget system.

Back