can anyone spare some pods?

NONNA58

Premium Member
If there is anybody that is coming to the meeting on Saturday that can bring some pods, or even if they are not coming to the meeting and have some pods they can part with, I would be happy to come over and even pay for them as I would like to seed my 220g with some large pods from an established tank or fuge. If they are mixed in with cheato thats fine as well.
I hate to ask because I know it is a pain to catch pods but any at all would be a help. I think I am going to make a small cage out of egg crate and fill it with chaeto and rubble for a place for pods to multiply.
Thanks everybody.
Sue

Sue , I wish I had some pods to give you , but I don't seem to have any yet . When my tank was set up before I bought some from Florida Aqua Farms in Dade City . I guess I'm going to have to make a trip over there my self . I need to get some started in my new refugium . Ted

I have them in my 30g Ted but can't catch them. People with fuge's can I guess. If this place in Dade City has some decent size pods I will go too. I have a little mandarin I picked up last weekend ( not planned) and I am not sure there is enough or even any pods in the 220. Although, she seems to get around real well and I see her picking at the rocks now and then.

Check the tank after the lights are out for a while . Use a flash light , and check the rocks . You may be surprised . Ted

i live in venice and have chaeto with monster pods. maybe bring a frag and i could definately spare some. all types of stuff in there stars snails and pods(really big pods)

I bought some on eBay from Piece of the Reef on Ebay. Shipping was as much as the price of the pods but you can pick them up ( I think in Tampa). As with anytime you buy pods, it didn't look like a ton but there were definately many live ones in there. The one bad thing is I did see an isopod.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12922872#post12922872 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rrcg50
i live in venice and have chaeto with monster pods. maybe bring a frag and i could definately spare some. all types of stuff in there stars snails and pods(really big pods)

Gosh, with the price of gas, how far is it to Venice from Land O' Lakes? I could definetly bring a frag for you though.
The pods in the lfs are tiny(jar).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12924585#post12924585 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NONNA58
Gosh, with the price of gas, how far is it to Venice from Land O' Lakes? I could definetly bring a frag for you though.
The pods in the lfs are tiny(jar).

Not the ones I get..

You won't scare the fish if you use a flashlight with a red lens or red celophane over it. I have a red led flashlight that works great, but don't remember where it came from. Sorry.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12924768#post12924768 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aqua Star
We do not sell pods from a jar, they are home grown!!:smokin: :mixed:

Dave, maybe I will make it down to you on Sunday as I will be in that area. What time do you open?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12924530#post12924530 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ladyfsu
I bought some on eBay from Piece of the Reef on Ebay. Shipping was as much as the price of the pods but you can pick them up ( I think in Tampa). As with anytime you buy pods, it didn't look like a ton but there were definately many live ones in there. The one bad thing is I did see an isopod.

Sue if you can contact them ask for 2 pkgs and I will pick them up. I need some too.

Or you can make some Pod Condos:
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f76/diy-pod-condos-92373.html

Back