Can I take a pictorial tour of your system?

bpcardona

Trying to hard
I have been sick the last week or so, and as a result have spent a lot of time on ReefCentral. As I lay here plundering through various photos of systems, I think I would like to see more of my local friend's tanks. So let see it all please, Full tank shots, sump shots, Refugiums, water change setups, frag setups, and whatever else tickles you pickle. Just give me some thing to look at, and comment on.

Last edited:
Just a simple shot of tank , stand and refugium . can't find one of my sump but I do have one of the new sump I'm building .

98da871d2900e6ee26d380004f1f2ca6.jpg

608a20bf3e5d07e82b4f4380c717bdcc.jpg

1513bdeb83f540b2158be8011b6cac87.jpg

Wow that is nice. I love that stand. I also need to find some space for some mangroves. I just like the look of it honestly. Thanks so much for sharing.

It should be about 600 gal an hour and the baffles are 3/4" apart . its a 65gal display tank .

Don't you think the baffles on the right should be reversed? Makes more sense in terms of a bubble trap. Under, over, then under. Although, I guess if you're putting sand in the middle section it won't work.

This is my first attempt at a non nano sized reef. It's a 75gal with a custom stand and an old acrylic sump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Ok hope u get better soon. I don't have new pic but will thumb through my photobucket of pics for u. I will keep editing and adding pics. I pad makes me do it that way
Fts display
20141109_211836_zpsjeeqbkpl.jpg

Display mH lighting
DSC_0017_zps1ed411b1.jpg

Fts frag tank
20141109_211818_zpslrmc9iok.jpg

Auto water changer and some dosing pumps
20140826_205611_zpsvgbdmksn.jpg

Old water station
DSC_0038_zps5ed025d0.jpg

Upgraded Water station
20140822_173816_zpsupiem3hc.jpg

Part of the sump
20140826_205629_zpsupzhvdwk.jpg

Sorry can't pic of pump

Last edited:
Roger,
I love the setup. I wish I could make it sat. (I may push my self). Where did you get your storage tanks? Did you have them shipped? Also the frag setup is something to be envious of....

Nothing special but here is a FTS of my gf's biocube29 i put together for her because my fish kept eating her "nemos" lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420678382146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420678382146.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420678398049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420678398049.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
I like your tank, and aquascape Nathan!

Here is my old tank that I took down in November.
FTS, before RBTA.

When I got the RBTA

And how it looked right before my RBTA walked into a powerhead after a nasty storm and power outage (no battery backup)....The reason I tore down the tank, pretty depressing. It was my pride n' joy! :(

I hope the pictures come out. If not ill see if I can get them from my computer. And I'll post my nano tank I've been working on now. But I have plans in the near future to build a 120, and you bet your *** I'll have ecotech battery backups, and also a cover for the powerheads!

Roger,
I love the setup. I wish I could make it sat. (I may push my self). Where did you get your storage tanks? Did you have them shipped? Also the frag setup is something to be envious of....

Thx. The storage tanks can be purchased local in Clearwater at Glenn industries. Great guy too. Cheeper then online also.

Roger

Don't you think the baffles on the right should be reversed? Makes more sense in terms of a bubble trap. Under, over, then under. Although, I guess if you're putting sand in the middle section it won't work.

This is the info I went with for the over under over bubble trap . I have a sump build thread in the "new to the hobby" forum .

RocketEngineer
I design the top half.

The 10" baffle is fine. The under baffle after that is unnecessary. I would remove the 9" baffle after that and instead have the baffle after the LR section be 9". I would do a full over-under-over bubble trap before the return section using the 9" to start and the 8" to finish.

"You would do well not to use an under-over situation as that would trap any oils in the section. You want to go over the first baffle after a section so the surface is constantly being renewed. For the return section, the water going over the last baffle churns any build up back into the water to be recycled back through the system."

JMO.

I like your tank, and aquascape Nathan!

Here is my old tank that I took down in November.
FTS, before RBTA.

The tanks looked great. I have been lucky, however I bough a generator this year. I figured I have so much invested, I dont want to loose it all for a few hundred bucks.

Back