Cannot Remove Gas Bubble

I've experienced the same problem with not all gas being released, even though the pouch looks like it is completely evacuated.
I repeat the process making sure the seahorse is held completely upright, massaging the pouch from the absolute bottom upwards while using the bobby pin to not just be in the opening but to stretch the opening slightly for a bigger escape hole.
I repeat until I can't possibly get any more bubbles out.
If the problem comes back again after a few days/weeks, I evacuate the pouch and then with the syringe and cannula I flush the pouch with new salt water matching the temperature and s.g of the tank water.
If after repeated flushings it still comes back, I flush with salt water that has Diamox dissolved in it.

How do you flush the pouch without overfilling it? Isn't there tremendous potential to harm the Seahorse?

I leave the bobby pin in the pouch and slide the cannula alongside it. The pouch will bleed off any excess fluid without building up significant pressure.
I haven't tried it but probably the cannula itself would help the release also.
For me, I find it much easier to insert the cannula alongside the already in place bobby pin.

Back