Care of Large Polyp Non-Photosynthetic Corals

I hope this one lived. And the blue one from several post up, too.

Someone should make a specialized desktop dendro/sun nano tank (not for fish), with specialized gyre flow and high continuous feeding capability, so I don't have to build my own :)

I just picked up and orange piece. Can i dip it In coralRx or Bayer? I don't have any revive. Thanks.
Yes.
Someone should make a specialized desktop dendro/sun nano tank
Not quite desktop, but nano...

Reef030213_zps402bc46c.jpg

Yep that's perfect for kicking up as many food particles as possible from the bottom and circulating them around. Nice dramatic effect too with the dark bottom.

great thread. I have a sun coral, i think its a dendro, i notice that when its hungry their tentacles are extended and thin, but after eating their tentacles became short and stubby or fat. does it mean it doesnt want to eat already?

What about gorgonians?
What about them? This thread is not regarding Gorgonians of any kind...
i notice that when its hungry their tentacles are extended and thin, but after eating their tentacles became short and stubby or fat. does it mean it doesnt want to eat already?
Not necessarily. Could be "full", could be being picked at by something, etc. Keep an eye on it and stay on top of feeding.

Anyone know if a rotating feeder could be used to feed LPS sized foods?
I've used an Eheim auto feeder that dumped into a feeding ring, which allowed the food to sink as opposed to float. If you have a slow return feed most of the food will be eaten by corals prior to heading into drain.

Is there anything else beyond Tubastreas that are Large Polyp NPS ?

I was hoping to find a list in the thread :p

What about diseases, bacteria and or pest, what are their respective precursor to look for?
As with any coral these are a real threat to NPC as well. I recommend dipping (I mainly use Revive and Prazipro), scrubbing base with toothbrush, followed by QT for inspection. There are predators that feed exclusively on various NPC. Ultimate Reef dot net has some pictures in a Tubastrea specific thread you can search for (cannot link it here).

As with some LPS there are also little tiny crabs that can hitch hike on the coral. I've seen them hide within the mouth of various LP NPC which will irritate the heck out of them and likely cause death over time. Most dips will drive the crabs out, or kill them.

Back