Care to take a guess?

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Just picked this guy up at the LFS. Not the greatest pic using a flashlight but I think those who know, know, ya know?

IMG_0799.jpeg

Yes sir. One of 8 Fiji Yellows my LFS got in. I also picked up a branch of Fiji Zoas. I couldn’t pass it up with the polyps it was displaying. The others were still pretty closed up but this one was fully open so I’m hopeful.

Yes sir. One of 8 Fiji Yellows my LFS got in. I also picked up a branch of Fiji Zoas. I couldn’t pass it up with the polyps it was displaying. The others were still pretty closed up but this one was fully open so I’m hopeful.
That’s great! I can’t wait to see it once it settles in

Will definitely post open pics. Its about 4 inches below the water line under a 250w 10k halide.

Will definitely post open pics. Its about 4 inches below the water line under a 250w 10k halide.
Out of curiosity, why would you start with it so high in the tank? Are you not worried about burning it? I know leathers can handle quite a bit of light, but I’d be scared. The yellow hasn’t been available for a long time

I’m not too concerned. My understanding is the Fiji Yellows come from shallow water and are used to intense light.

I’m hoping it gets fuzzier like I’ve seen in many pics.l but that’ll probably take some time and putting it in higher flow.

Very nice, been a long time since I’ve seen a good specimen of that. smiller and @Nanook had some nice ones back in the day.

Back