firstsalt

Personal Picks please I took these in my school parking lot:crazy1:
034.jpg

025.jpg

088.jpg

085.jpg

079.jpg

024.jpg

Lotus you say? I have a couple more for you then... lol Plus a few that I haven't processed/posted to flickr yet. Thanks, and yeah I was really happy with those 2 as well. One for my post processing and the other for the snap itself. lol

4998923460_cc2fa51ffb_b.jpg

4987275789_fb7852c598_b.jpg

Nice photos, guys. firstsalt, I like the rainy BMW emblem photos, though, personally I would have stopped down a bit on that first one. That little piece of leaf is a little distracting, but you could probably Photoshop that out without too much effort.

Brett, I really like the green and black cars in your first set, and the single black car in your second. Nice job panning on the last one, and the black and white background for the mostly black car works very nicely on the other one.

And since we're sharing. I usually don't do auto photography, but here's one from a car show in the town of Deadwood, SD about a month ago. This guy was on his way home for the evening and decided to give us a little show. Unfortunately, I was just a little too slow to catch the actual burnout.

1026910705_Hbr2y-M.jpg

And this is from a rather original photo shoot I did for the local Corvette club last week:

1026913692_rPtcm-M.jpg

Last edited:
"I must have been doing something wrong when I went to school! Audi's, Hemi's and BMW's???"

I was in school with a few kids who had Ferraris.

Must be nice.

~Michael

Ahhhhh my favorite category for photography. I can't wait to post up some of my favorites I've taken. Blocked from flickr at work though :(

Those detail shots are really cool. That vette group shot is money!!

RVANano - I have seen some of your car shots in your thread and you have some good stuff. Can't wait to see what else you have got! AND HOW DARE THEY BLOCK FLICKR!!

Island Crow - Thanks! And that Corvette shot is wonderful! So jealous!

Also I just noticed this about Firstsalt's first pic, I like how I can see your reflection in each of the Audi rings.

Thanks Brett!!! I have lots of car pics :) Lining up a Noble M400 shoot soon and trying to track down a local guy who has an F40 I took some pics of a few years back.

Here are some from my most recent shoot which I have here at work. Audi S6

Attachments

• IMG_8355.jpg
    IMG_8355.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8369.jpg
    IMG_8369.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8395.jpg
    IMG_8395.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
And my 3 favorite shots of my personal cars. Although I did just sell the 510 in July....

Attachments

• E34bestSS.jpg
    E34bestSS.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0034_3.jpg
    IMG_0034_3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • screensaver2.jpg
    screensaver2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
A Noble?? Nice!

It's a shame that you sold the Datsun... looks like it was nice condition.

Also, where in Richmond do you live? I grew up in Midlothian.

Yeah it was a tough choice but I didn't drive it often and once it was finished, kind of got boring. I listed it for $2k above what I thought I could get and within 2 hours a guy bought it for my asking price which was double what I paid!! The BMW is ongoing and has been for 5 years. Turbo is next :)

I also grew up in Midlo. Graduated from Midlo HS in 97

Oh ok, I can see it only being a fair weather driver. Classic like that shouldn't see rain or snow. What year is the Bimmer? What else do you have done to it?

I graduated from James River in 07.

And I will leave you with my dad's new 2005 Vette lol. He just got in June or July.
5037004948_684d4bd919_b.jpg

5036385923_8fa9fbd9c5_b.jpg

5037004284_8bdfa31581_b.jpg

I can't wait to get home. I am blocked from photo sites so I can't see most of the photos in this thread.

The BMW is a 92 525 with a 98 528 engine. Bumps it from 2.5 to 2.8 and adds variable valve timing. I also added M3 cams and ARP head studs. Oil bungs for turbo (coming soon) The factory HP on the 525 was 190 to the flywheel. I am putting down 200 to the wheels. I hope to get it to 350 at the wheels with a mild turbo at low boost.

Ac Schnitzer type III wheels, Vogtland springs, Koni sports, Kmac adjustable poly trailing arm bushings, Powerflex poly subframes and poly front thrust arms.

Interior has 95 multi panel door panels which I removed the wood trim, sanded, primed, painted black and cleared with PPG. Then wetsand and buff. Same treatment to outer pillars. I did the headliner and interior pillars with black syn suede and new black UV protected carpet for the rear parcel shelf. Also just swapped in M5 sport seats and a much nicer rear black seat after I Lexol'd and Leatheriqued.

I did Acura TSX projector retrofit for the headlights and used the smiley euro's for outer. Also added euro tails and Euro trim.

Front bumper has 540 brake ducts. Sideskirts are M5.

Stereo is Alpine head unit. Polk 1100.5 5 channel amp with all rockford components. Full dynamat which I just did and was a pain in the arse.....

I think that's about it. For now :)

Oh man, I didn't realize you were blocked from seeing pictures embedded from the flickr too... That's a shame :(

But it sounds like you have put a quite a bit of work in to that BMW! Do you do the work yourself?

Yeah it sux. Only just started happening.

I do all my own work including the building of the engine and paint work :)

I wan't to play also........
Here is my 1970 Chevelle SS 454 4spd convertible. I am not a photographer by any means. Last time I was over RVANANO's I should of got him to snap some pics for me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and a shot of the interior

Back