Cayman Islands Suggestions

Tremont

I'm planning a weeklong dive vacation to the Cayman Islands this April.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay and/or good dive masters/packages? I'm not really looking for somewhere family friendly - looking for something more adventurer friendly (hostels, dive resorts, etc...) and somewhat all-inclusive.

-Tre

My last trip to Grand Cayman, I dove with Ocean Frontiers. They are on the East End and run a very nice dive op with most dives being on the East End or North walls, much more pristine diving than the cattle boat sites on the South side of the island. They also have some associations with places to stay that might fit what your looking for.

if u are going to just dive then i'd highly recommend the Southern Cross Club on Little Caymen...world class diving and voted one of the best wall dives in the world..i.e. the Bloody Bay Wall

east end grand cayman is great, ive been there diving twice. I stayed at cayman dive lodge but its gone due to a hurracaine.

sunset house or ocean frontiers on the east end. You could also look at Bonaire as well, but the wall diving in cayman cant be matched. Little cayman would be kewl if you could afford the xtrZ cost

We stayed at the Cobalt Coast and loved it. They have a Divetech shop there on the property, wonderful staff!! Cayman has very easy low key diving! Loved the Turtle Reef (which may be gone now since the hurricane?) the best, wonderful day, and night diving there!! I prefer the diving in Cayman over Bonaire anyday!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14230722#post14230722 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by billsreef
My last trip to Grand Cayman, I dove with Ocean Frontiers. They are on the East End and run a very nice dive op with most dives being on the East End or North walls, much more pristine diving than the cattle boat sites on the South side of the island. They also have some associations with places to stay that might fit what your looking for.

Good advice. The West End is crowded with LOTS of people on the boats and very restrictive profiles. However, I did enjoy staying at Sunset House and doing the shore dives that were available there.

Back