Chicago Area Local Fish Stores

MY 2 favorites by far are tropi-quatics in lombard and aquatica in tinnley park.

http://www.aquaticatinleypark.com/
http://www.tropi-quatics.com/contact.html

Hello all Chicagolanders! I'm from Colorado and am in Chicago for vacation. I had a huge list of LFS's that I was planning on visiting while I was here, but to my surprise most of them either their phones are disconnected so I don't know if they exist anymore, or they don't exist. I was just wondering if the map on the first page is updated?? That's a great tool if it is! I also am open to any suggestions as well!! Ill only be here through today and tomorrow as I wasted yesterday chasing down my list. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Yea its pretty updated as far as i can tell I like tropiquatics and reef plus the best but Advanced Aquatics, Petland's Aquarium Adventure and Beyond the Reef are all minutes from one another. you can get to Beyond the Reef from Aquarium Adventure's parking lot. so the next question is what area are you around?

I didn't want to post it, but whats up? I work at Aquarium Adventure in Bollingbrook (seasonal bc of school). Its cool to have this list as I like to visit them all too.

Alex are you with them? I see there posts on CL but havent had time to stop by.

The owner name is David, and he nice, the price is reasonable, when you buy more, he can give you discount and his next shipment will be on this Tuesday. I just bought some soft corals and i'll return to ask him find for me pair dark organe percula clowns.

Awesome this is what ive been looking for.

+10 for Exotic Aquatics, the guys there have been real good to me and lately he has quite the selection of nice frags.

Sea Escapes isn't too bad. Their Fiji LR is good and on sale right now for 5.69 a pound. A bit expensive for other things, like Premix Instant Ocean Salt Water at 1.69 a gallon, and a 10 gallon box of Instant ocean was 9.99. Aquarium Adventure in Schaumburg also uses Instant Ocean salt water, 1.00 per gallon, and a 25 gallon box was 12.99.

Oh, and a lot of places put their coupons on their website.
Sea Escapes currently has a 5 off 25, and 15 off 100.

Last edited:
Scott's other location

Scott's other location

Scott's has a fairly new store in Clarendon Hills on Ogden Ave., just west of Kingery Rd. (Rt. 83)

Any comments on Tropi-quatics in Lombard? I've seen several bad reviews - poor customer service, high restocking fees, etc. (I do take Internet reviews with a grain of salt.)

Any comments on Upscale on Rt 59 in Plainfield? I stopped by on a Monday, but they were closed and all the windows are blacked out so I couldn't see what the place looks like.

Thanks!

The Scott who used to run Scott's in Westchester now has a brand new store open in Oak Park...Oak Park Natural Pet & Fish

http://www.oakparknaturalpetandfish.com/cgi-bin/index2.pl

23 North Harlem Avenue
Oak Park, Illinois 60302
(708) 660-9500

GREAT deals on everything, we live right by it and have compared with numerous other stores around here, decent selection. PLUS he's having a big sale this month since the store just opened!

Is that the same Scott's who opened all the other tanks/had(has?) the big shark tank in front? I didn't think the reviews were that great, or is this a different Scott? Hopefully a different Scott, another LFS not too far from me would be nice to see.

Tropi-quatics in lombard is pretty decent. As far as customer service, there are a couple guys who know saltwater fish pretty well. The others, not so much. Their tanks are clean, fish are healthy, salinity in their saltwater is perfect. They have a lot of choice as well. Never bought coral from them. Seems too expensive.

Any comments on Tropi-quatics in Lombard? I've seen several bad reviews - poor customer service, high restocking fees, etc. (I do take Internet reviews with a grain of salt.)

Any comments on Upscale on Rt 59 in Plainfield? I stopped by on a Monday, but they were closed and all the windows are blacked out so I couldn't see what the place looks like.

Thanks!

I went to New Fish twice over the last two weeks and each time I left with awsome stuff. Great prices and great customer service. The have a huge tank they are setting up in the back part of the store. I cant wait for it to see water.

I went to New Fish twice over the last two weeks and each time I left with awsome stuff. Great prices and great customer service. The have a huge tank they are setting up in the back part of the store. I cant wait for it to see water.

Where's New Fish?

Back