Clarion Angel experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with the first batch.

:lol: counting chickens before they hatch is not a wise thing to do ;)

2wk :lol: Aaron you should know better...you know how long we waited for our other permits...wait, we're still waiting :p Anything can happen in Mexico and the more you all hype up a shipment that hasn't even had the boat leave the dock can only serve to hinder the process. if you want the fish, hold your tongues in public until they actually arrive. The last thing you'd want to be responsible for is tanking the shipment. While it is a legal shipment there are very rich Mexicans that would love to stop the process so it could only be reserved for their sales.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12350201#post12350201 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfish1976
I received word that the next batch is on its way. these should be mostly smaller specimans from what I am hearing.

Boat isn't even out there yet, size is simply a speculation at this point.

In my mind, there's several other angels (majestic, blue-faced, queen, emperor) that are equally- if not, more- beautiful than a Clarion. You could literally buy 30-40 adult emperor angelfish for the price of 1 juvenile clarion. Ridiculous.

I think the main reason people want Clarions is b/c they're so expensive and hard to find. If they were as commonplace as Flame or Annularis Angel, would people really obsess about them?

With that said, I found this one on LiveAquaria for about $3500:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=38578

Take care,

Flamehawk

Beauty is in th eye of the beholder. The rarity factor I am sure does play a role int he demand. I myself like getting fish in my tank that not everyone else has. Obviously the more rare something is and the more people that want it price goes up, just makes sense.

If I had more room in our current system I would grab one in a heartbeat. Been our favorite angel since shortly after we got in the hobby. Now the fact they are available legally has us planning a new system :)

To each his own I guess.
We are afunny people....but nothing like the Japanese. There is a store in Japan whose lowest-end marine fish is a goldflake angel..
But com'on guys, don't act all surprised.
There are those among us who spend THE MORTGAGE on shiny glass like rocks called "diamonds" and silly chains of gold.
Personally, I find jewelry to be the most worthless flushing of capital there is. Worthless, pointless, ego driven, self worshipping auto-paganism....
And the blood diamond phenomena?
Killing people to allow others look more selfish...
Ever see a Rolls Royce car club caravan in Beverly Hills? I saw one with about 50 rolls in a conga line just driving around.
OK...I'm finished.
Steve

De Beers: most successful advertising campaign of all time (just look at the micro-size (or lack) diamond in your grandmother's or great-grandmother's wedding ring as an example). Just remember, they recommend 3 months salary (of course they do, they mine the diamonds!). Please note extreme sarcasm.

I'll take a Clarion any day over some stupid diamond. Of course my wife would have to disagree, but she's been brainwashed (or have I....).

The only thing I'd do with a diamond is resell it :D On the flipside they don't jump out of tanks, don't require food nor water changes and whens the last time you saw a diamond get Ich?

haha okay, so I'm all about the jewelry, clothes, shoes, the SUV, and the fish. I most certainly would spend the $3500 for the Clarion that is on the Divers Den right now if I already had my upgrade in place and wasn't just finishing up my masters degree.

Thus why I am a man's worst nightmare unless he loves any of those things as much as I do.

I do agree that each person has their own preference. I don't understand paying more than a quarter for any quarter, no matter what it is (proof? some special quarter? I dunno, it's still a quarter in my little head). If someone doesn't find it worth spending the money I spend on any of the things I love, oh well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12389159#post12389159 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreshamH
Whens the last time you saw a diamond get Ich?

I used to have that problem.... until I started using hypo for new jewelry. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back