Clarion Angel experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the japenese infatuation with this fish may contribute to this issue

tuna and whales were plentiful too...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12460570#post12460570 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poknsnok
the japenese infatuation with this fish may contribute to this issue

tuna and whales were plentiful too...

No offense dude, but you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about. Please leave your cultural bigotry somewhere else. Please research your slander before you put your other foot in your mouth.

WOW the price on that plummeted. I guess they figured that the new batch was going to drive the market price down. Good thing because I thought $3500 was a little overpriced when you can get these fish right now for $2300 from some places. I am sure it will go back up once these have all been distributed.

what's to say there won't be another batch? Reminds me of asfur angels. They used to be super expensive and them supply and demand showed its face. On a smaller scale the borbonius is the same thing. Tim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12464962#post12464962 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by myerst2
what's to say there won't be another batch? Reminds me of asfur angels. They used to be super expensive and them supply and demand showed its face. On a smaller scale the borbonius is the same thing. Tim

You need a very specific permit to collect these guys, and, as far as I know, the Mexican governmnet isnt planning on issuing more after these recent ones. I may be wrong, I am going on heresay. But, nonetheless, the big difference between you comparisons is that the clarions are rare to collection by legal process, whereas the others are by locale or collection techniques (which change constantly).

last shipment in awhile

last shipment in awhile

Guys,
This is the last shipment for a long while.
The hurricane season officially begins in May and there will be no more until Christmas season if that.

The speculation of a market saturation is already wrong as the demand from H.K., China, Singapore, Taiwan, Holland and Japan ...in that order has already taken 80% of the fish.

By this time next week 80% will already be gone and the American allotment is small this time.

If anyone is waiting for cheap clarions, they need to hold out til Christmas and imagine a glut then.
Then again, thats still a windy season and the smalls will be few and far between....and the overall numbers not so great.

Steve
PS.
By the way....I am here reading this thread with a Japanese importer who sends his regards to poknsnok.
He is taking fewer then any of all the Asian countries and reminded me that many Japanese citizens [ including him] are against whaling and dolphin killing for tuna.
He also said he knew many Americans were against the war in Iraq and yet that still doesn't bring the troops home.

I said thats because............
Frodo failed...because Bush found the ring

need to bleed

need to bleed

as an aside,
The quotas given by the government were based on surveys that revealed considerable abundance.
The quota allotted is a fraction of that abundance.
The actual take but another fraction of the allowable quota.
The permit ends before Christmas, and I can tell you now...the quota will not even be nearly half used up as most of the remaining time is in the hurricane season.
Talk about missing every single shot by a mile!
Where does this
need to bleed come from???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12462872#post12462872 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmaneyapanda
No offense dude, but you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about. Please leave your cultural bigotry somewhere else. Please research your slander before you put your other foot in your mouth.

Why does someone always have to throw the magic card in the mix? I believe its a fact that the majority of the clarions are imported into Asia , driving up the price. True? And if they are collected from one spot in mexico how do you or anyone else know they cant be overfished?

Slander??? My statement had nothing to do with race, ethnicity skin color,

abundant but "rare"

abundant but "rare"

..."anyone else know they can't be overfished?"

As I said, and you ignored. There are millions of them...they are super abundant and school by the hundreds in all their islands.
These collective millions of 10 inch adults are not taken...and are left to date, breed and scrape algae off of the indestructable rock reefs they live on.
The fish could only be considered scarce or in trouble by a wilfull hoping that it is. Why would someone hope for that?

..."one spot in mexico ?"

Wrong again.
They range over a huge area and number in the millions.
From Guadalupe Island to the Clipperton Island and the Southern coast of Baja and offshore seamounts on the West side of the peninsula..
Any threat to them would have to be a general, environmental catastrophe and one of such magnitude that this fish would be the least of anyones worries.
If the Yucatan meteor hit the center of there range, there could be a problem I admit.

The fish is an ideal "rare fish."
Super abundant but hard to get.
Far, far better then the actual rare fishes you may confuse it with.
Are diamonds rare? The price says yes....but the hoarding and dumping to maintain that price by De Beers co. et. al. say no.
Steve

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12467036#post12467036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poknsnok
Why does someone always have to throw the magic card in the mix? I believe its a fact that the majority of the clarions are imported into Asia , driving up the price. True? And if they are collected from one spot in mexico how do you or anyone else know they cant be overfished?

Slander??? My statement had nothing to do with race, ethnicity skin color,

As I said before, you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about. These fish are rather abundant in their range, by no means rare in the wild. Overfished? How many have you seen on the market as compared to the likely millions in the oceans.

Racial slander- did you not specifically blame the Japanese for you ignorant conclusion that these fish are overfished (as well as the issues with tuna and whales)? Please do some research. You managed to get both feet in your mouth, wanna shoot for your legs, too?

I pmed you some facts.. And I apologize to the Japanese, should have said "Asian"... And may I also suggest some desensitivity training..

Thread closed.

cortez marine, your political references can quickly earn you a timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back