Clarion Angel experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can afford a clarion why not...now diamonds why not too, nicer quality diamonds have only appreciated in value over the years, and quite a bit! your autos depreciate, snow machines, etc, down...shall I go on? the first nice 1 carat VS, F I purchased a few years back for $ 2800, now you can't touch one for over $ 6500 plus.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12380251#post12380251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flamehawkfish
In my mind, there's several other angels (majestic, blue-faced, queen, emperor) that are equally- if not, more- beautiful than a Clarion. You could literally buy 30-40 adult emperor angelfish for the price of 1 juvenile clarion. Ridiculous.

I think the main reason people want Clarions is b/c they're so expensive and hard to find. If they were as commonplace as Flame or Annularis Angel, would people really obsess about them?

With that said, I found this one on LiveAquaria for about $3500:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=38578

Take care,

Flamehawk
I kind of think the flame angel looks better anways...personally i like a potters better than a clarion...not quite the same but...you know.

sanjay has one, but it is in a lps/softie reef. i think their attitude though is the biggest obstacle to overcome if it is going to terrorize your fish & eat your corals.

hopefully someone gets a good shot of this 1/2" one that's there :wink:

Gresham was just here and took lots of photos, especially of the tiny one who is eating algae off the 1/2 inch tube that he can swim thru.
steve

Damn that guy was the cutest one I've ever seen. I swear it's eye balls are far too big for it's head :) The pics will be up soon :D

Odd, the color turned out very strange. I'll redo it again later this weekend but here is a size reference pic. That is 1/2" PVC :D

Ubersmallclarion3.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12452271#post12452271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cortez marine
Gresham was just here and took lots of photos, especially of the tiny one who is eating algae off the 1/2 inch tube that he can swim thru.
steve

DSC_5359.jpg

i hope all this collection doesnt decimate these beautiful fish from the reef.. from what I understand they are from 1 local in mexico

As far as I know (by no means an expert) they are from one location in Mexico but are extremely plentiful. It is quite a ways from the mainland so collection at this location is very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back