Clownfish not doing well

@HumbleFish the male clownfish looks really good this morning after dosing metroplex without copper. Should I not dose with copper again and continue dosing metroplex every 24 hours for 10 days?

If this gets cleared up, does they need to stay in quarantine for 6 weeks without medication?

Thank you!

Should I not dose with copper again and continue dosing metroplex every 24 hours for 10 days?
Yes (y)

If this gets cleared up, does they need to stay in quarantine for 6 weeks without medication?
Unfortunately, you may need to treat with copper again (for ich/velvet) since the first treatment was cut short. Normally, you would treat with copper for 30 days or 14 days if you can transfer the fish to a different tank.

Yes (y)

Unfortunately, you may need to treat with copper again (for ich/velvet) since the first treatment was cut short. Normally, you would treat with copper for 30 days or 14 days if you can transfer the fish to a different tank.
What he looks like this morning compared to last week. The female clown is still refusing to eat but otherwise looks healthy. I’m not sure why she isn’t interested in food. She’s normally a pig

Attachments

• IMG_3547.jpeg
    IMG_3547.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3550.jpeg
    IMG_3550.jpeg
    752.5 KB · Views: 13
What he looks like this morning compared to last week. The female clown is still refusing to eat but otherwise looks healthy. I’m not sure why she isn’t interested in food. She’s normally a pig
I can still see Brook on him. How many days have you been dosing metro thus far?

Have you tried adding a drop or two of garlic to the feed? To entice a feeding response.

I can still see Brook on him. How many days have you been dosing metro thus far?

Have you tried adding a drop or two of garlic to the feed? To entice a feeding response.
It’s a week today. I soak their food in garlic but she’s still not interested

It’s a week today. I soak their food in garlic but she’s still not interested
You might want to consider a more aggressive treatment, like formalin: Formalin

You could switch over to dosing formalin daily in lieu of metro. Or personally, I would give both clownfish a 45 minute bath using formalin at 250ppm (1 ml per gallon). Post bath, I would transfer them into a clean QT (to prevent reinfection) and resume doing metro for added assurance.

You might want to consider a more aggressive treatment, like formalin: Formalin

You could switch over to dosing formalin daily in lieu of metro. Or personally, I would give both clownfish a 45 minute bath using formalin at 250ppm (1 ml per gallon). Post bath, I would transfer them into a clean QT (to prevent reinfection) and resume doing metro for added assurance.
I just tried feeding again and she ate like crazy! Maybe she’s just being dramatic in her small temporary home!

If he continues to show improvement, do you think I should still use formalin?

Last edited:
Metro should clear Brook, but it also shouldn't be taking this long for the fish to look 100% clear IME.
I’ll continue to monitor him with metroplex. He didn’t show symptoms until about a week ago, up until then he looked fine. I was treating with copper because the clown goby and Royal gramma appeared to have ich. I treated everyone including the clowns even though they never showed any symptoms of ich. Thanks again!

@HumbleFish Today is the full 14 days in quarantine with metroplex. Both clownfish look great! Both eating like crazy and not showing any signs of disease.

Before putting them back in the DT, should I monitor them in quarantine without metroplex for a week or so and if all looks well, is it safe to transfer them to DT?

Thank you 😊

Before putting them back in the DT, should I monitor them in quarantine without metroplex for a week or so and if all looks well, is it safe to transfer them to DT?
Were these the only two fish in your DT? I personally would let your DT go fallow (fishless) for 6 weeks to starve any remaining parasites out of there.

Were these the only two fish in your DT? I personally would let your DT go fallow (fishless) for 6 weeks to starve any remaining parasites out of there.
They’ve never been in the DT. They were in my 40 gallon breeder. I had planned on moving them to the 40 cube but before I could everyone came down with something and ended up quarantine. The only thing that’s been in the new tank are corals and a warpaint goby that’s doing well.

They’ve never been in the DT. They were in my 40 gallon breeder. I had planned on moving them to the 40 cube but before I could everyone came down with something and ended up quarantine. The only thing that’s been in the new tank are corals and a warpaint goby that’s doing well.
Ahh, gotcha. In that case, I would give them another week (in non-medicated water) before transferring to the DT.

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. It's urgent to isolate the sick fish in a quarantine tank. While formalin might help, consult a vet for accurate advice. Monitor water quality closely. Reach out to a local expert for immediate assistance. Please keep us posted on your fish's condition.

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. It's urgent to isolate the sick fish in a quarantine tank. While formalin might help, consult a vet for accurate advice. Monitor water quality closely. Reach out to a local expert for immediate assistance. Please keep us posted on your fish's condition.
Hi! This was back in April, both clowns were treated with metroplex and are alive and well now 😊

Back