Clownfish not doing well

Joypaws83

@HumbleFish he looks worse than ever this morning. He looks like he wants to eat but won’t. He now has blood spots on his head. The Diamond goby looks awful as well. I’m afraid I’m going to lose everyone

He has white spots on him as well as a film. Will formalin save him or is it too late at this point?

Attachments

• IMG_3495.jpeg
    IMG_3495.jpeg
    966.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    843.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3493.jpeg
    IMG_3493.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Do you think he would survive a freshwater dip? Read this: How To - Freshwater Dip

In addition to providing temp relief for Brook, a FW dip would screen for flukes (which I think I can see on him). Below is a pic of a dark clownfish infested with skin flukes for comparison:

index.php

Do you think he would survive a freshwater dip? Read this: How To - Freshwater Dip

In addition to providing temp relief for Brook, a FW dip would screen for flukes (which I think I can see on him). Below is a pic of a dark clownfish infested with skin flukes for comparison:

index.php
I’m not sure if he would. He’s swimming around and eating now.

My Diamond goby passed away earlier this morning.

What would suddenly cause all of this? Nothing new was added to the tank. This is so heartbreaking 😞

Not even corals/inverts? They can carry parasite tomonts and worm eggs attached to them.
Nothing. I had a separate tank setup as I bought a 40 gal cube to transfer them into. They were in a 40 gallon breeder while the cube cycled. I noticed spots on the clown goby and royal gramma and that’s when I transferred them all to the QT

Nothing. I had a separate tank setup as I bought a 40 gal cube to transfer them into. They were in a 40 gallon breeder while the cube cycled. I noticed spots on the clown goby and royal gramma and that’s when I transferred them all to the QT
Brook can lie dormant, and something “stressful” like a tank move can provide the parasites with an opportunity to get a foothold.

I did a freshwater dip, but nothing fell off in the bucket. He looks the same just super stressed out, I’m pretty sure I look even worse than him, that was stressful 😭
Keep a close eye on him. If this clownfish has velvet or brook, then the freshwater dip should clear the white dust albeit temporarily.

What about a peroxide bath? Would this help at all?
It would help with velvet & brook, primarily: Hydrogen Peroxide bath

But I don't consider one peroxide bath a permanent fix for anything... The fish would still need followup treatment in a QT.

I found it by googling it and humblefish posted about using 3% hydrogen peroxide so I assume so, just not sure with his open sore on his head
You don't want to use H2O2 on a fish showing redness or with an open sore. The peroxide will burn/irritate these areas.

The female clown looks great but isn’t interested in food anymore. I’ve read copper can suppress the appetite. Should I remove the copper and just dose with metroplex every 24-48 hours? The male doesn’t look any worse or any better but he’s still very active and eating

The female clown looks great but isn’t interested in food anymore. I’ve read copper can suppress the appetite. Should I remove the copper and just dose with metroplex every 24-48 hours? The male doesn’t look any worse or any better but he’s still very active and eating
How many days have they been in therapeutic copper?

Back