CO2 Regulator - Tank Pressure Stuck?

ReefWaters

Premium Member
I have a Milwaukee dual gauge CO2 regulator to feed my calcium reactor.

The tank pressure was at around 50 psi after a year of use and I took the tank in to fill it.

When I hooked it back up I realized the tank pressure had not changed from 50 psi. The tank pressure gauge is stuck.

Can I fix this myself or do I have to send it in for repair? It is out of warranty.

Thanks for any help!

I find it unlikely the "tank" pressure would have been at 50. Did you mean the output pressure? And it was stuck at 50 when the gas was shut off totally? If it is just the gauge you should be able to replace it independently of the regulator.

I should have looked more closely before. The gauge is reading more like 900 psi and 65 kg/cm^2.

That actually sounds more like its full. What should a 10 lb tank have for pressure if its full? I cant really remember what the tank had in it when I went to fill it but I know the needle was close to where it is now.

900 psi is a good number. It wouldn't be uncommon for it to stay at 900 psi most of the time either since most of the CO2 is in the bottle in liquid form. It'll stay around there right until it gets empty.

Yeah, that what I figured.....after I put some thought into it. :rolleyes: :D

Im afraid I spent good money on filling the tank before I needed to.

Thanks for the help. Ill keep an eye on it. It definately has CO2 in it so Im not worried about that.

Back