Co2 tank?

chowberg

Hello!

I recently purchased a CArx and regulator. I have a few questions about the Co2 tank.

Where to buy the Co2 tank(online, locally - which store)?
Are there brands that are recommended or stay away from?
Where do I refill it?
Is purchasing the tank second hand common practice?

Thanks

You can buy the tank where ever. I wouldn't buy a new one anymore because the place that i go too started looking at the date stamped on the tank. Aperantly you are supposed to get them hydro tested every 5 years. Buy a used one from some one on here or anywhere you can find one.

Airgas does an exchange program. If i remember correctly they charge about 30.00 to exchange a 10lbs tank. After that, if you run out and the tank is not out of date, you can go to a place that will fill them. I usually go to California tool and they charge about 11.00 to fill it.

A 10lbs tank usually lasts me about 1.5 to 2 years. So if you get a new one you will have to hydro test it after a few refills. Just not cost effective anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can try a welding supply store nearby or beverage supply. Aluminum tanks are nice, especially if you're getting 10lbs or more. I think I paid $12 to refill a 5lb tank from a beverage supply place near me.

Great points from Eve. If you get a used tank then make sure hydro date is current. If not then they charge extra for hydro even if you’re exchanging at places like air gas. What I don’t like about the exchange is that you may turn in a nice looking tank for a complete beater. Still works but not as nice to look at if esthetic is something you care about. If you have a nice tank and don’t want to risk trading for a beater then you can take to places that will do fill only. I take mine to Giant Co2 just because they’re close to me and do it super quick.

Jumping on this thread. When do you guys take the tank in to be refilled. I noticed that my gauge is reading about 400 psi on my 5lb tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumping on this thread. When do you guys take the tank in to be refilled. I noticed that my gauge is reading about 400 psi on my 5lb tank.

That's about the presure required to keep Co2 a liquid at room temperature.

If I remember correctly, you have a 2 stage regulator, correct? My last co2 bottle, I wanted to see how low it would get and it went all the way empty without the CO2 dumping like you'd see from some single stage regulators.

Thanks for everyone's replies. Initially I was going to buy a 5lb tank from BRS but looks like I might go to AirGas.

I currently have a Dual Stage AirGas regulator. Any recommendations on which solenoid to get? I was looking at the Milwaukee solenoid

I have some extra solonids for $15 or $20 for lighted ones. Located in west Anaheim I can ship as well.

If I remember correctly, you have a 2 stage regulator, correct? My last co2 bottle, I wanted to see how low it would get and it went all the way empty without the CO2 dumping like you'd see from some single stage regulators.

I do Mike. It's been running pretty solid. I just don't want the Co2 to run out while I'm traveling. I'll look for a local place to do an exchange. Thanks all.

Thanks for everyone's replies. Initially I was going to buy a 5lb tank from BRS but looks like I might go to AirGas.

I currently have a Dual Stage AirGas regulator. Any recommendations on which solenoid to get? I was looking at the Milwaukee solenoid

Clippard and Burkert seem to be the more popular ones

I bought this burkert solenoid
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-...h=item41bb6d7e45:g:NykAAOSwopRYcEBm:rk:1:pf:0

For Clippard
https://www.diyco2regulator.com/clippard-dv-2m-12-solenoid-with-manifold

Back