Collecting Live Wild Stomatopods ?

Kharn

MANTISMAN
G'day

I will be heading out to a local spot known for having stomatopods within its waters (do not know the species of them) I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience in collecting them from the wild and if so how do you go about doing it, my main concerns are for the creatures own well being during collection and transportation as I do not want to do it any harm or give it too much stress.

Heading out this weekend, not collecting anything though as I am going to see if they really are stomatopods and what species they are, could get lucky and find multiple species!:bounce1: But if there are stomatopods there I will go back and get one or two on my follow up trip(s).

Cheers

Dr. Roy has posted several times about his collection activities. It of course depends on the species you are interested in.

Dan

For the L. maculata your interested in, Dr. Roy stated his done a noose in an opening, i think it was him who said this, shrugs.

Well I hardly expect to find any L. mac's but the idea was to catch and release ANY stomatopods I come across to take pics of them so I can bring them back and I.D them =)

Back