Colonial Hydroids

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Anyone have experience with these? Came in on my KP rock years ago and were not a concern for a long time. Now, they’re suddenly starting to multiply/spread.

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
I had a bunch of rock nems that moved around the tank. They killed every one they went over.

Anyone have experience with these? Came in on my KP rock years ago and were not a concern for a long time. Now, they’re suddenly starting to multiply/spread.
I think I had exactly those in the past, I remember they glow under actinic so I thought they were cool lol. They just went away eventually.

I think I had exactly those in the past, I remember they glow under actinic so I thought they were cool lol. They just went away eventually.
Yep, they glow bright green under actinic. I've had them since I got the rock in 2018 (I think) but recently the colonies started expanding. I hit them with kalk paste last night so I'll update when I get home tonight. I was hoping there was a Butterfly fish that might each them but so far, I haven't seen anyone post success with that.

Seems like kalk can't penetrate the tubes very well, so I pick them out with tweezers then hit them with kalk paste.
Ah, that would be a bit of manual work. But if it comes down to it, that's what I'll do. I really don't mind them so much as they were not an issue until recently when they started spreading/multiplying.

Back