COMAS garage sale

Sheryl,

That is great.. I cannot thank you enough for taking on this project and coordinating everything. Even though we were only able to donate things, I am glad everything was in such good hands. We owe you a GREAT BIG THANK YOU......

richie

Absolutely, thanks sheryl

There were some really nice people, charateristic of Oklahoma and our club working fri & sat. Great to meet more and get to talk a work together.

Work and a few extra monkeys kept me from contributing to the garage sale. Where can I send a donation check to cover what I intended to contribute/buy?

Hey Barb. Im sorry that monkey business :) kept you away. If you could have taken Sena with you, you would have drawn a crowd all your own! She's always a hit when you bring her in the shop.
If you want to donate some of your hard earned funds, you can either drop it by the store (make your check payable to CRASE) and I'll get it taken care of, or you can drop it in the mail - 1702 S. Kelly, Edmond OK 73013

Thanks for being there in sprit.

THANK YOU Sheryl for organizing, and donating your home to this sale. My shop looks so much neater now that most of the stuff sitting around has made it to your house for the sale. Thank you for taking on this project. Next year, we'll give you more time to make it REALLY big! ;)
To all you COMASers, thank you for coming together to donate your unused treasurers, and your time and energy to pricing, organizing, and working the sale. What a club.!
Jamia, thank you for doing so much for us. You arent even a COMAS member, and yet, you have picked up donations, helped price and organized Friday morning, and are working the sale all day Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks EVERYONE for coming together to participate and make this sale a most successful first annual CRASE fundraiser. I'm proud to be a COMAS member, and am honored to be a part of such a generous group.
Sorry the pizza was late..... hope everyone eventually got to eat though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10583573#post10583573 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by okcfishlady
Hey Barb. Im sorry that monkey business :) kept you away. If you could have taken Sena with you, you would have drawn a crowd all your own! She's always a hit when you bring her in the shop.

I had Sena, W, plus 2 that I had to drive to Stroud this am -- a crowd for sure, LOL. I'll drop by to see what's new and with a check.

We had a wildlife group raising money in front of the store today. They had a Chimpanzee and a spider monkey they were charging people to take pictures with. They drew a huge crowd but I'm pretty sure the monkeys were way smarter than the people staring at them. The phone rang off the hook all day with people wanting to know more about the monkeys. I may quit my job and buy a monkey and take pictures for living :)

What can I say, Sheryl? I'm know your life has been disrupted and it will take some time to play catch up on all the things you put on hold for this garage sale. I appreciate the efforts and sacrifices you've made.

The success of this garage sale is attributed to your organizational skills and the charity of our club members.
Thank you.

This event and all the hard work that the members put into it have me smiling in amazement. I have never belonged to a group that is (groping for a word here, already used amazement and amazing), absolutely amazable. :D One word won't do...the group is giving of themselves and their time, nice, friendly, cooperative, and just all around swell.

Friday night was crazy but fun because of all the good people there. I want to thank everyone who donated items. Some great stuff came in. We made around $100 Fri. night from members who brought stuff then bought stuff. (Including me.) I especially thank all of you who donated the total amount of your sales. Leigh Anne donated hundreds and hundreds of items that sold for ridiculous amounts.

If I forget anyone in this thank you, please forgive me. I lost my mind long ago but still manage to loose brain cells at an astonishing rate...

I would publicly thank each one of you who worked long and hard but I know I would forget someone and by doing so hurt another so, if you were here, I am talking to you. Thank you for being the kind of person that sacrifices their time, drives far to stay up late, sweats in that awful humidity and heat then still has a smile on their face at the end of the day. I truly feel privileged to have gotten to know you all better.

Sunday's sale:
Is freakin cancelled do to the hurricane. HURRICANE...are you kidding me?!! I know it's a tropical depression by now but people, this can't be real! My storm alarm went off at 4ish but I already knew something was up since Mocha, the Lab, was sitting on my chest. That was 60 lbs of fun.

I have a garage full of stinky wet stuff. Smells like a homeless shelter on a Sat. night. Wall to wall tables with stuff on it. Jamia and I spread things out as best we could but man, what a mess.

Darien, you will be happy to know we got 35 cents for your chair that you let Ron sit in all day. Thanks! ha ha. It is in my hall, come get it when convenient.

Anyone who had labeled things need to come get them this afternoon as well as their money. You will have to dig to find them or donate them to Kevin who is collecting everything left for a sale in Stillwater for his boys' group.

Darien and Sarah both will get free tickets. Kevin and Susan will have to hock their first born to pay for all the stuff they bought. Brook and Chris...you did well!

I will try to open a few hours after lunch as I try to clean up but that probably won't happen. I need boxes badly. All boxes got soaked. If Kevin makes it down today, I will need help to pack up things. More on that when I hear from Kevin.

Good luck down there Sheryl!

I woke up this morning, took a look outside, and first thing I thought of was the garage sale.

Hope the angels are doing well for ya!

No need to give me a free ticket. I bought mine about 2 months ago. Please give my free ticket to someone else that helped.

Thanks.

My garage is so clean! This turned out to be so great...thanks again to everyone who participated. Here is a shot of us this afternoon.

A sale to go down in history!

afterhurricanesale.jpg

Back