Cool Fish on Diver's Den

I didn't get a refund for the deformed fish yet, only for a goby that died soon after arriving (that one came from QM). But I will contact them again about this.
Ironically, the ones I got a couple of months earlier directly from ORA were OK. Those are now in my 100 gallon tank. Unfortunately, there they are almost never out in the open.
The new guys went into my upside-down tank with the janssi pipefish. Two of them, the flawless and Quasimodo are always out in the open or just underneath the shelf where the pipefish hang out.

As for genetics, I'm not sure if these defects are strictly caused by that. Especially since assessors are not as inbred as designer clownfish. I feel it's more related to poor conditions in the larvae tank.
Also, even under ideal conditions, you will quite often have a certain percentage of defects in each clutch. So I would rather categorize this under poor quality control on the end of ORA and Diver's Den. ORA should have never sent those out and Diver's Den should have never accepted and listed them for sale, at least not without a note to their defects.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ouch... Radiant with a severely damaged mouth.

ViSYVJ4.jpg

Ouch... Radiant with a severely damaged mouth.

ViSYVJ4.jpg

Someone bought it too. How can they not catch that before putting it up for sale? I am struggling to see the benefit of paying more from divers den over regular liveaquaria at this point. Warranty is the same and their "conditioning" appears to be meaningless.

Their semilarvatus arrived with a sore and promptly died. Luckily they have a guarantee, but I would rather have a live fish.

Their semilarvatus arrived with a sore and promptly died. Luckily they have a guarantee, but I would rather have a live fish.

How many posts do you have with dead or dying butterflies? It's almost like you're known for it now. Perhaps it's time to step back and try different species?
Is it the climate or UPS/FedEx route where you live that could be causing poor deliveries?

I didn't get a refund for the deformed fish yet, only for a goby that died soon after arriving (that one came from QM). But I will contact them again about this.

Just an update on this:
They contacted me a few days later and gave me a full refund plus a $25 Gift Certificate. (I had not even contacted them again!)

Their customer service is the primary reason why I try to order fish from them if I can't get them locally.

I really don't think its fair to blame me for poor specimen.
A sore wouldn't be caused by poor delivery/weather, in my opinion.

FYI, I received an Auriga with a sore from liveaquaria. Its healing with antibiotics. So, there might be a success story coming.

How many posts do you have with dead or dying butterflies? It's almost like you're known for it now. Perhaps it's time to step back and try different species?
Is it the climate or UPS/FedEx route where you live that could be causing poor deliveries?

For all you clownfish nuts there is a latifasciatus for sale. If only I can talk the wife into dropping 300 bucks on it.....

Back