Cool Fish on Diver's Den

Wow. This would be a sweet trio if I knew I wouldn't kill them

2017da79c89498cc2555938cfe0b85fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. This would be a sweet trio if I knew I wouldn't kill them

2017da79c89498cc2555938cfe0b85fc.jpg

Perhaps my favorite Wrasse. I had one a few years ago in my old 225g for about a year and a half before I had to break down the tank. The guy I had gotten it from QT'd it for quite a while to make sure it was healthy and eating. Good to see them around again but not loving the price!

Perhaps my favorite Wrasse. I had one a few years ago in my old 225g for about a year and a half before I had to break down the tank. The guy I had gotten it from QT'd it for quite a while to make sure it was healthy and eating. Good to see them around again but not loving the price!

Yea. Definitely an amazing looking wrasse. I'd consider one at the high price if they were easy to care for but with them being so rare to have success with long term I can't do it. Hopefully one day there will be more captive bred wrasses available.

Whoa! Been looking for these. I want a male so I hope they get more. Wish they listed what food they are eating.

b404f9c887bfaf50a29c5b6be4a4f7cb.jpg

There was a bonded pair and then a single female. The bonded pair was priced at $200. I was too slow to pull the trigger.

There was a bonded pair and then a single female. The bonded pair was priced at $200. I was too slow to pull the trigger.

Bought the 1st pair they put up and the Bonsai Coral Beauty. ( Coral Beauty that supposedly stays 1-1.5 inches )

I'm enjoying them. I would definitely recommend getting a pair, heard they have a few more (not sure if they're paired) They're really small though, so take that into consideration regarding flow.

I emailed Live Aquaria before they got here and they said "We are feeding the Biota Captive-Bred Blue Mandarins several types of food. Live foods are Brine Shrimp. Frozen foods are Spirulina Brine Shrimp, San Francisco Bay Brand Brine Shrimp, PE Mysis Shrimp, Hikari Mysis Shrimp and Colbalt Aquatics CA Mysis, Fresh food is Doc's Eco Eggs." Biota told me they fed Frozen cyclops by V20 or Ocean Nutrition when I asked them. They were also really helpful in helping me find a pair.

( Long time lurker, I posted just to rave about them because of my recent pleasant experience )

31hitGK.jpg

nAYUMMu.jpg

Excuse my pics, they're still a little shy so those are pretty zoomed in.

Oh man, they look great!
Are they eating anything in your tank right now? I was slow to pull the trigger because of the high fish traffic nature of my tank. Wasn't sure they can overcome the more aggressive fish and a couple of gigantea anemones. They would have to go into my display fuge tank.

Oh man, they look great!
Are they eating anything in your tank right now? I was slow to pull the trigger because of the high fish traffic nature of my tank. Wasn't sure they can overcome the more aggressive fish and a couple of gigantea anemones. They would have to go into my display fuge tank.

They eat very well actually, I got them early in the morning so I had to feed my tank right after they got here and they ate. They peck at pods all day, and love Nutramar Ova. They eat PE Calanus too. I have PE Mysis but I think those are a little too big for them I didn't see them try for those. One chased a flake but didn't eat it, no luck with pellets.

They're so tiny I wouldn't recommend in a high traffic tank until they grew out a bit. The smaller one I have was listed as 5/8th of an inch if I'm not mistaken.

wow 5/8" of an inch. That is a tiny fish in my tank.

oh yeah they're very small. Its really cute but not necessarily practical for most bigger tanks, I'm curious about how long they take to reach adult size as I don't think I've ever seen a photo of an adult Biota Mandarin.

AlgaeBarn was sold out during my "hunt" I emailed them first actually, they said they should have stock in May. Don't quote me on that though as I assume its subject to change due to Biota's supply

Back