Cool Fish on Diver's Den

Got a notification that they have White Tail Tangs in again!

I don't know if they are the same but do you mean White Face Tang? If so, I saw them on DD today and was looking at that and the Tomini.

Edit: Never mind - I see White Tail's actually on LA's side, not DD and they are out of stock or so my search returned. Pretty though.

Somebody please explain the appeal of this one!
https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/424616/aberrant-highlighter-yellow-tang

lg-0912181-187.jpg

$799 for a dirty yellow tang!

I completely agree. I think the rational is "it is different, therefore we should be able to get a lot of more money for it"

uh huh.

Somebody is taking the chance that the fish will develop more color. It will probably just lose the aberrant pattern and become a regular yellow tang. But if someone else feels it's worth the money then who are we to judge?

Look at the proportions of your fish vs. that one, like the size of the eyes compared to the rest of the body. The DD one isn't really 2 7/8". I bet it is closer to 1.5", if that.

DD may have a hard time with the Conspic at $4800 since you can get a 2" from Poma Labs for less. Of course if they through out a 20% off that fish drops $1,000. Still way out of my price range.

Back