Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused ? what is it?Btw awsome build so far, hopefully your retired, your going to wish you were after this project is done you'll never want to leave the house .LOL

not to steal peter's thunder but i believe its a koi pond with screen cover to prevent fish abduction by aliens from the great out doors/neghibors cat planet.:p

Its not just the aliens......there are other 'things' ......in the woods and in the air...... I've gone to great lengths to protect my fish as you can see below so don't get any ideas.....he bites!!!!!

0_0_df38a0c2885d85687b5d58928501385a_1

Peter

regarding pests introduced with LR you may want to consider purchasing all dry rock and seeding it yourself, the process doesn't take long, you can use a few pieces of live rock to seed

Thanks Elliott, but can you imagine what it would be like to stuff the envelopes with over two thousand pounds of rock to send it back, never mind the cost of the stamps???? nah, I'll take my chances...

Peter

Goodluck seeing this project through to the end(as much as that is possible in this hobby). Your vision is remarkable and inspirational to anyone reading this thread. Subscribed and cheering from way down south!

Thank you very much rwynn, your sentiment is truely my fuel for the effort here. The reality, I am learning already is that the inspiration is reciprocal.

Now if I could just convince you to take some snow and send me warm sunny weather.............

Peter

one way of getting rid of hitchikers is to use an octupuss,they love hitchikers.
i usually lay out all the rock and watch the crabs crawl out. as for aptaisia ive never actually worried about it from fresh rock.
never seen apt. on premium rock.

vic

Thanks Elliott, but can you imagine what it would be like to stuff the envelopes with over two thousand pounds of rock to send it back, never mind the cost of the stamps???? nah, I'll take my chances...

Peter

ahh, didn't realize you already purchased LR :idea:

Speaking of live rock..........

This is my dead rock guy.......

0_0_a413f8f464e927d6596117c270f29ca2_1

and the dead rock guy's helpers.......

0_0_a7d8c8c6bd10c025dc0b8e32ee9189d9_1

First time I can honestly say I am 'Gratefull Dead' rock doesn't require dipping!!!!!

Peter (sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation)

The rock is from the Canadian shield.....4.5 billion years old ........truely cured!

Last edited:
Thank you very much rwynn, your sentiment is truely my fuel for the effort here. The reality, I am learning already is that the inspiration is reciprocal.

Now if I could just convince you to take some snow and send me warm sunny weather.............

Peter

My wife and I are planning a Canadian ski trip next year some time, might have to bring some of this 80 degree(januray/february) heat to you as a trade for a glimpse of what appears to be a beautiful neighborhood and amazing tank!

one way of getting rid of hitchikers is to use an octupuss,they love hitchikers.
i usually lay out all the rock and watch the crabs crawl out. as for aptaisia ive never actually worried about it from fresh rock.
never seen apt. on premium rock.

vic

Vic, I loooove the idea of the octupuss. How cool would that be!!! I'd bring him extra rock just to watch him work!!!!

Seriously thanks, I am walking right down the path you suggested earlier, it was very helpfull.

Peter

My wife and I are planning a Canadian ski trip next year some time, might have to bring some of this 80 degree(januray/february) heat to you as a trade for a glimpse of what appears to be a beautiful neighborhood and amazing tank!

Looking forward to seeing you. I'll be here as I think vacations are a thing of the past for me........

Peter

Very nice ancient stone work and slick Dead referrence. I did not realize you had the rock already as well. IME, high quality live rock is much better than dead unless you've got the time to leach off the PO4, I've found even quality dead rock produces tons more PO4 than live rock does.

Very nice ancient stone work and slick Dead referrence. I did not realize you had the rock already as well. IME, high quality live rock is much better than dead unless you've got the time to leach off the PO4, I've found even quality dead rock produces tons more PO4 than live rock does.

aahhhhh, more encouragement.......Thanks and thanks for the balanced view. This hobby and this thread mixed together is an enormous crucible of learning.

Peter

Wow

Wow

Another great tank to follow. Looking good man, the Bentley is very nice as well. Just drove one, smoooooooth ride.

not trying to jump to far ahead.but do you have an equipment list yet?

I do, but I thought the best way to handle those questions and answers was to use a high def camera and do an interview with the supplier. That should be very informative and usefull for all of us I hope. Again I learned this from Chingchai who did a phenomenal job. So yes its a wee bit premature but not too far off. Stay tuned.

Peter

I do, but I thought the best way to handle those questions and answers was to use a high def camera and do an interview with the supplier. That should be very informative and usefull for all of us I hope. Again I learned this from Chingchai who did a phenomenal job. So yes its a wee bit premature but not too far off. Stay tuned.

Peter
great idea.can't wait:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back