coralline correlation?

In order to make room for growing corals I had to move some rock to sump.
Now, in addition to the purple corallines growing down there, I once again have green corallines growing down there.
Obviously a connection... but I don't understand why.

I also noticed a green hue appear one my dry rock before the purple came in. Thought it was nuisance algae at first. Recently seeing more bright pink. love the look of that stuff.

Don't know . I get different colors in response to different lighting. Pinks bright; purples not so much.

That's part of the beauty of this hobby. Sometimes just moving things around creates a whole new set of environmental circumstances that some new form of life will take advantage of. And its totally cool when it happens!! Well most of the time... Hahaha

Yes, it's fun when that happens.
few days ago while cleaning up some detritus in one of the tanks I picked up a small frag of zoanthus glued to the bottom with sponge growth . As I tugged on it a black fleshy tube appeared to be hanging on tho the bottom and then released. When I looked at the bottom of the rock, a black slug with bright blue markings was nestled in a crevice, Not sure what it was but may be a Chelidronura varians a known flatworm predatorr.. I carefully put the rock back. It's been a very long time since I saw a flatworm in that tank ,btw.

Back