Croc Hunter DEAD!

This is the guy that held his newborn baby just a few feet from a crocodile while he was feeding it raw chicken. Some people take exceptionally high risks. It's unfortunate he died. It's not really surprising however. :(

Reefpeep, what the cameras didn't show was the surrounding safety precautions and backup to that scene. The boy is lucky to have had such a father, who wanted to pass down a love of animals and give the boy a heritage anyone should be proud of. Unfortunately the clip was shown out of context. But this is not the time to debate the wisdom of that moment. The man was a wonderful father who passionately, deeply participated in the lives of his children.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8076498#post8076498 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by antjefferson
Final score:

Croc hunter: 0
Ma' Nature: 1

Thats wrong.

Croc hunter Im sure outnumbers Ma' Nature. The man had 9 lives...And always cheated death. Just caught him on his toes on that one:(

I will say this for him though... of all the crazy ways to die.... he went out with his boots strapped, thats for sure! At least he wasnt shot or hit by a car. He died doing what he loved.

New score:

Croc Hunter: 8 trillion
Rogue killer stingray: 1

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8076642#post8076642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by antjefferson

New score:

Glad you got your calculations right ;)

Its a sad day. I hope people remember him for all of the wonderful things he did, and not the way he died. I have always loved the way he was so enthusiastic, and just loved what he did. He eduacated so many people, and saved many animal lives. He contributed much to this world, and he will be missed by many people.

My deepest condolences go out to his family. (and his animal family that will surely miss him just as much)

I feel so bad, this was like the worse news I heard today. He was only like 44 or early 40's, very depressing.

Crikey... what a way to go mate....

he was a real beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuty... and his passion for animals was unmatched... its not a shocker he died by an animal, it is a shocker to be killed by a stingray, they usually wont flip their barb and tail up unless stepped on or really ****ed off... he was just swimming above him, and the stingray must have mistaken him for a predator...

Just another reminder to live life to the fullest... accidents can happen anyday, and we are all lucky just to be here.

G

I am surprise it didn't happen sooner for he always tempted faith. Nevertheless, he is the best. He was and is by far the craziest and bravest man on tv. I love his shows and really sadden to see him go. I've never really like to watch crocs. but with steve in the mist of them, it was so entertaining. He will be missed. I will be watching a lot of cros. hunter re-runs.

Thanks Steve Irwin for entertaining us for so many years.

:(

:beer:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8079231#post8079231 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by freddog
That sucks, my son almost cryed when I played the video for him.

freddy they released a vid? link porfa please:D

The news said something like there are only 17 recorded stingray deaths...poor unfortunate soul!

The stingray was a 1m wide bull ray, they showed the spike and it looked like a beefed up icepick (reminded me of the nazi dagger from Saving Private Ryan-god I hated that scene!). The local stingray barbs are only 3-4" this one was 20cm or roughly 8"!!!

He likely died instantly from the actual stab wound according to the scientist that was called in to help. Poor soul

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8076642#post8076642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by antjefferson
I will say this for him though... of all the crazy ways to die.... he went out with his boots strapped, thats for sure! At least he wasnt shot or hit by a car. He died doing what he loved.

New score:

Not deliberately trying to pic nits here but I feel compelled to make just a small change....

(Revised) New score:

Your run of the mill average stingray doing what comes naturally: 1

Brett

Back