Cully's SCA 120 build

Totally bummin'! No it was down. He jumped out the back opening. Gotta tack in some screen or something. Make a veil. This blows big time. Definitely did not sleep well.

Sorry Captain. I'm in the middle of canopy construction right now. looks like I add screen to the back openings as well. Did think of them jumping out the back.

Clowns aren't typically jumpers IME, but any fish can at any time. This tank being rimless certainly made it a whole lot easier. Expensive lesson. Definitely not about the money though. Feeling really bad for the little guy. My last clowns lived 14+ years. This one was gonna have a pretty sweet set up if it had just hung in there.

New guy

And a makeshift screen until I can come up with a sexier solution. Rimless definitely makes it easy to go up & over.

Threw in a few corals today. Couple SPS frags, hammer, favia.

This is the part of it that is the hardest. Adding fish slowly. Letting the tank mature. Living through algae blooms....:sad1:

I'll drink to that

Well I'll drink to pretty much anything. Struggling with a fish list. I'm putting 2 tangs in but I want to as them close to last for fear of aggression. I have the two clowns. I otherwise prefer smaller ornate fishes. Peaceful would be nice. Maybe a Pygmy angel...

Decisions decisions..better have a beer & mull it over...

May I suggest a melanurus wrasse

3.jpg

Current state:

Added a couple of ORA captive bred blennies. Black is a Kamohara's, and yellow is a striped. Peaceful. Colorful characters.

I did have a Melanirus. Great fish. Looking to stay with smaller fish. I'm getting another Tanaka's possum wrasse and hopefully another more peaceful wrasse like a pink stripe.

As for tangs I'm getting a purple and a tomini. But I want to add them close to last, and at the same time.

Looking good!!! The aquascape reminds me of how SanJay's tank looked at the beginning.
How's the striped blennie eating for you? I tried them a couple times and couldn't get them to eat.

Looking good buddy!

I remember buying a frag of stylo from you, Maybe rainbow? Do you have that banked with anyone so you can bring it over to this build?

I wish..

I lost almost everything. I did buy a frag of it but we'll see if it colors up and becomes the same as the one I had.

Brandon/oneradtek202 got out of the hobby, he was my local back up. We had all the same stuff. With him being out, I gotta go around town and the interwebs to re-buy.

got a tomini and blue flasher wrasse in quarantine. great choices. yellow assessor has been fun . tailspot blenny are dirt cheap right now In Rochester. mine pounds hair algae. possum are cool. chromis didn't work . anthias trio is down to 2. male is a jerk ,but stunning . wanted a trio of something. I'm digging smaller fish. YASHI are cheap lately. I did pairs . had a pair of Yashi with a pair of pistol shrimp. I was tempted, only $ 25 at a lfs by me.

Dave is taking pre orders on blue mandarins. my pods haven't taken off despite buying a culture. I wouldn't try yet , but I'm curious to see them . ORA stuff has been a heck of a lot better than the mutant ninja clown crap they were cranking out.

Cully if you don't mind could you tell me how you plumbed your returns? I am guessing hard pipe up to bulkheads then locline. What size and type of locline ends did you use. Thanks.Would love a pic or two if you have time.

Back