d2mini's 130g Rimless Cube

What are the demensions of the tank?

jk :lol: Honestly though this tank has some potential. You really seem to have a good eye for design already. Can't wait to see the rock structure.

I would agree with painting the hinges, or at least coating them somehow, as mine are rusted solid. I'm going to have to replace them after 18 months (or less)

I'll look into the hinge protection. Thanks!

Ok, me gots me some bulbs! Man, props to ReefGeek !!! The bulbs came double boxed and box #2 was suspended by foam blocks inside box #1. Inside box #2 was packing peanuts. Awesome.

So here they are installed. End cap is removed from the fixture to allow bulb installation.
I think I did pretty good with color on the first try. We'll see once I get the tank filled and stocked if I need to make any changes color wise.

Notice the T5 colors. The ATI Blue Pluses are way more blue than the UVL Super Actinics which have more of a pink tint. UVL on the inside and the two ATI on the outside.

742121269_q8Zhd-O.jpg

742121287_ZN4bv-O.jpg

742121292_8frbv-O.jpg

End cap has to be removed in order to remove the glass so you can access the bulbs.
Just the T5's again in this image.
742121319_aBB3d-O.jpg

Not to be a buzz kill for a sick system but there appears to be not enough room in stand to raise skimmer in sump. I think a I-Tech 200 sets in 7-8 inches of water (not sure on exact #). The sump water levels appeas to be at 10+ inches.

This is looking like a great build. What pump are you running on the i-Tech?
Thanks. The modified Tunze that comes with it. I can't remember the model#.

Where are the sexy models to go with the hot tank pics???
haha, I'll see what I can do. ;)

Not to be a buzz kill for a sick system but there appears to be not enough room in stand to raise skimmer in sump. I think a I-Tech 200 sets in 7-8 inches of water (not sure on exact #). The sump water levels appeas to be at 10+ inches.

No problem, things are a bit tight under there. The sump water level is set at around 8". And i have a few inches to play with above the skimmer cup. The cup itself needs a half inch to remove. So it is tight, but it all fits, even if I have to slightly raise the skimmer.

Just beautiful. Both the house and the tank setup. You really have an eye for design. Thank you for sharing. ;)

Thank you.
overflow pipes will be "herbie" style plus a dry pipe for the lighting and vortech wires.

Plumbing is complete below the stand.
And the lighting ballasts are hung.

Just need to finish the pipes in the overflow.

742929801_3NyGH-O.jpg

742929782_7RgWq-O.jpg

Just another quick update:
The overflow should be going into the tank tonite.
Then it's time to start mixing water while i finish up the overflow plumbing.

So clean. After seeing your stand, I should of painted the inside of my stand white. I can't see anything with it being black.

Keep the updates comin'

Thanks, mnml!

Ya, i painted my last stand black on the inside. The white in this one definitely makes it brighter. But you can just add some lighting in yours and it will be fine.
I put these two under-cabinet pucks in my last stand.

399652360_dsWUU-L.jpg

Back