d2mini's 25g Office Lagoon

What's your impression of the tank and stand quality? I'm really leaning toward the lagoon series at some point to upgrade/modernize my BC29. Are you happy with the size/dimensions of the 25?

Man I'm loving this tank. I'm about to order one soon. How are you liking the tank? Have you got the halides over it or just the radion for now?

Thank you. Sump, no. ATO yes, but haven't gotten it yet. Probably the tunze nano.
haha :thumbsup:

tagging along. cant wait to see what you do with this one. I remember your other cube that was awesome.
i would look at buying the 3155. getting a used one for $30 more than the 3152(nano) is completely worth it. i've seen/had the 3152 magnets rust inside the tank causing problems. just a heads up.

What's your impression of the tank and stand quality? I'm really leaning toward the lagoon series at some point to upgrade/modernize my BC29. Are you happy with the size/dimensions of the 25?
I like IM tanks a lot. Best AIO for desktops IMO.
The stand I'm using is the old one, they didn't have the new ones in stock. It's whatever. Good enough for my purpose.

Man I'm loving this tank. I'm about to order one soon. How are you liking the tank? Have you got the halides over it or just the radion for now?
Still waiting on the Reefbrite fixture. There was delay. Hoping to have it late this week. So using the radion 15 for now.

tagging along. cant wait to see what you do with this one. I remember your other cube that was awesome.
i would look at buying the 3155. getting a used one for $30 more than the 3152(nano) is completely worth it. i've seen/had the 3152 magnets rust inside the tank causing problems. just a heads up.
Ya no magnet is impervious to saltwater. But too late... already starting hooking it up today. ;)

IMO I like the longer look & feel of the 25 than the cube, although your shelved rock work on the cube was awesomely constructed.

So your research has led you to believe that the Ghost skimmer is the best for that size tank? I hope you can do some video of the skimmer in action for us?

IMO I like the longer look & feel of the 25 than the cube, although your shelved rock work on the cube was awesomely constructed.

So your research has led you to believe that the Ghost skimmer is the best for that size tank? I hope you can do some video of the skimmer in action for us?

I didn't do a ton of research on this. But i knew it fit and it seemed like it would be better than nothing. I didn't want to go with an hob skimmer if I could avoid it. So I went with the ghost. It spits out tons of micro bubbles the first several days, but to my surprise, i came in to work monday with some decent tea colored skim in the cup and very little micro bubbles in the display. So it seems to have broken in now. It is a little noisy though. But I'm also not used to having a running tank with equipment right next to me.

I'll try to get some video after everything has been running for a bit longer.

You don't like the look of hob skimmer or it's something else? I'm thinking also which skimmer to get for my 20g nano and marine depot recommended me the Tunez 9004, they've said it's a very good one with awesome customer support also etc...

It will be inspiring to see you grow your amazing colored SPS's in such a small volume, even though I really wished you would have done a 40g B rimless type tank. This would have given you more volume & room for corals.

I just bought a Deep Blue 75g rimless tank & some rocks & corals from a local reefer, but after temporarily setting it up in a 40g B I don't think I want to setup my 75g. The 40g B has now spoiled me as it is so easy to access & the thin glass almost comes across as Starphire...the clarity is superb for a $40 tank.

I had setup an above tank trash can sump, but somehow even though I tightened the hell out of the bulkhead it sprung a leak & now I have the skimmer in the tank. Funny how I have multiple tanks, skimmers, pounds & pounds of rock & tons of equipment I got to the point where I just want to keep it as simple & easy to maintain as possible.

My tank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJz_SojWbgc&feature=youtu.be

You don't like the look of hob skimmer or it's something else? I'm thinking also which skimmer to get for my 20g nano and marine depot recommended me the Tunez 9004, they've said it's a very good one with awesome customer support also etc...

Just didn't want anything hanging off the back. Being at the office, I don't want any water leaving the tank and giving me any chance of spills to property that I don't own.

Updated FTS pics.
Still have a few frags left to mount on the rocks. :)
Still a few micro bubbles from the ghost skimmer but that has died way down and the skimmer is skimming.

i-FHvP7RM.jpg

i-dF2jRsc.jpg

i-M9Rfvq2.jpg

i-8VVdrR7.jpg

I just go my 25 lagoon in yesterday and wanted to get your advice on lighting this tank. I currently running a kessil 350 on this tank and I lights it well but I plan on upgrading the lighting. I plan on this tank being mostly sps and am looking into a ati 4 or 6 bulb or radion. Leaning more for the 6 bulb for the bulb combinations but think it might be to wide with the usable space in the tank being 16" and the fixture being 13" what do you think on these three options?

I just go my 25 lagoon in yesterday and wanted to get your advice on lighting this tank. I currently running a kessil 350 on this tank and I lights it well but I plan on upgrading the lighting. I plan on this tank being mostly sps and am looking into a ati 4 or 6 bulb or radion. Leaning more for the 6 bulb for the bulb combinations but think it might be to wide with the usable space in the tank being 16" and the fixture being 13" what do you think on these three options?

A 6 bulb t5 is going to be huge over this tank. Too big IMO.
I went with the Reefbrite MH and LED hybrid fixture. Not as long as the T5 bulbs and the led strips can be angled. It should be here tomorrow and I'll install this weekend.

If you go LED , you will want a full sized Radion XR30 or similar.
I have the 15 on their now and its much too small and I'm already seeing loss of color in my SPS that were previously under MH and T5 in my big tank.

A 6 bulb t5 is going to be huge over this tank. Too big IMO.
I went with the Reefbrite MH and LED hybrid fixture. Not as long as the T5 bulbs and the led strips can be angled. It should be here tomorrow and I'll install this weekend.

If you go LED , you will want a full sized Radion XR30 or similar.
I have the 15 on their now and its much too small and I'm already seeing loss of color in my SPS that were previously under MH and T5 in my big tank.

Yah that's kind of what I was thinking about the 6 bulb. If I do go with a radion it would be the full size for sure. Thanks for your opinion

Back