d2mini's 25g Office Lagoon

And I still don't have a freakin decent light over this tank! :mad2:

I ordered the Reefbrite Hybrid from one of our sponsors and it was 3 days to ship because it was going to drop ship from Reefbrite. Fine, that was plenty of time. Well, it took almost two weeks and had to ship to the reseller first. I had emailed and explained the situation with coral being in a tank with inadequate light and when it finally came in they 2nd day UPS'd it to me. Came in yesterday. So today i make the long drive into the office to set it up. First, the hanging kit I ordered was not in the box. And second... the electronic ballast for the halide doesn't seem to be firing up. I'm used to magnetic ballasts that make a noise when you plug it in but i'm getting nothing from this. I plugged the fixture into the ballast and then the ballast power cord into the wall and nothing. It's the Reefbrite 175w ballast and all it has on it is a reset button which has no pressure behind it so that does nothing. Now I have to wait till monday to deal with that with Reefbrite. And finally, the brackets that came with it to attached the led strips to the halide reflector are the wrong ones. My LFS has the hanging kit in stock so I'll just get it there on monday and get a refund from where I ordered everything. So now the Radion 15rw is back over the tank. Ugh.

If anyone has any idea on the ballast I'm all ears but as far as I can tell it seems to be a dud.

Do you spot feed that reddish wellsophyllia & if so what exactly & how often?

Nope. I should, but I'm lazy. I have the LPS pellets from Fauna Marin and will probably start using them in this tank, and for the plate coral too. Seems to do ok though considering i've had it for probably 5 years. And in the middle of that it was being babysat while between tanks, and the tank it was in lost power a few times, killing lots of coral and fish and this guy was about 90% gone by the time i got him back. That was about 3 years ago. :)

Mr Reefbrite

Mr Reefbrite

And I still don't have a freakin decent light over this tank! :mad2:

I ordered the Reefbrite Hybrid from one of our sponsors and it was 3 days to ship because it was going to drop ship from Reefbrite. Fine, that was plenty of time. Well, it took almost two weeks and had to ship to the reseller first. I had emailed and explained the situation with coral being in a tank with inadequate light and when it finally came in they 2nd day UPS'd it to me. Came in yesterday. So today i make the long drive into the office to set it up. First, the hanging kit I ordered was not in the box. And second... the electronic ballast for the halide doesn't seem to be firing up. I'm used to magnetic ballasts that make a noise when you plug it in but i'm getting nothing from this. I plugged the fixture into the ballast and then the ballast power cord into the wall and nothing. It's the Reefbrite 175w ballast and all it has on it is a reset button which has no pressure behind it so that does nothing. Now I have to wait till monday to deal with that with Reefbrite. And finally, the brackets that came with it to attached the led strips to the halide reflector are the wrong ones. My LFS has the hanging kit in stock so I'll just get it there on monday and get a refund from where I ordered everything. So now the Radion 15rw is back over the tank. Ugh.

If anyone has any idea on the ballast I'm all ears but as far as I can tell it seems to be a dud.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2540577 He is on this thread HTH

So only the 25g for now? Any plans on a fuge or sump in the future?
Yep, that's it for now!
Will take some time for me to figure out the next build in the new house. :)

Tank looks great Dennis, as yours always do! Can't wait for the next build.
Thanks, Thomas! :)

Maybe try a Fuzzy Mushroom one of my Percula's loved them
60.gif
41.gif
40.gif
Interesting.... thanks!

Tank is a month old this week! :)

Finally got the correct light over the tank.
Ends up it was the Ushio bulb that was bad, not the ballast. Figures.
Ordered a 20k Ushio knock-off from amazon this weekend for like $15 and that's what I'm using now. Along with the two blue reefbrite strips.

i-bv76KNv.jpg

i-P8n9L6t.jpg

Also got some other new toys hooked up.
BRS Dosers for alk and calc and an In-Tank media tray to replace one of the IM socks.

i-szvK228.jpg

i-M8mWn5V.jpg

i-fqJ8gwd.jpg

Very nice. Any thoughts on the light so far?
How about your skimmer? I have the same one and it is way too loud IMO.

I am thinking about going with the TBS package when I set up my 125. Richard has been very helpful will all my questions.

What watt halide did you go with?
I mentioned it above... A 150w 20k Ushio knock-off from amazon.

looks like a real professional job I'm not worthy..
haha, thanks

Very nice. Any thoughts on the light so far?
How about your skimmer? I have the same one and it is way too loud IMO.
After one day, all i can tell you is it looks great.
The skimmer isn't silent. For my application in my office it's fine. Probably wouldn't want it next to a bed though.

I am thinking about going with the TBS package when I set up my 125. Richard has been very helpful will all my questions.
Awesome. :thumbsup:

Just realized i put this in the wrong thread earlier today. :D

My clown decided to host my open brain since he no longer has an anemone. Ugh.

i-tmXsgXx.jpg

Back