d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

What a relief...!!! It was as close as it could possibly get!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmmm.... new toy/project just arrived. :fish1:

i-tjkJthx-XL.jpg

I'm actually surprised you did not build the regulator, there is a great thread in the DIY section about making a very high quality stainless steel regulator.

Yup, i was involved with that huge thread (in the Lighting and Equipment forum) a few years ago and built up a full stainless steel version.
This time around I just didn't have the time (and as much $) to source all that SS parts so I contacted Alan and he built this less expensive brass one for me. Easy peasy and a good price. :thumbsup:

Yup, i was involved with that huge thread (in the Lighting and Equipment forum) a few years ago and built up a full stainless steel version.
This time around I just didn't have the time (and as much $) to source all that SS parts so I contacted Alan and he built this less expensive brass one for me. Easy peasy and a good price. :thumbsup:

I was just going over the thread and came back to ask if Alan built it for you.

Good deal, Carry on sir!!!

One thing I never had was a kalk reactor. If you do not mind as you figure it out explain the steps and challenges you have with it please.

Got it all hooked up and running.
Now to start tuning it in. :)

The only spot I have for this stuff is in front of the sump, but I can slide things around if needed.
For instance, the tank can slide close to the reactor so I can do fuge maintenance.

Please excuse Nona. Curiosity ya know. ;)

i-VSDg84L.jpg

Got it all hooked up and running.
Now to start tuning it in. :)

The only spot I have for this stuff is in front of the sump, but I can slide things around if needed.
For instance, the tank can slide close to the reactor so I can do fuge maintenance.

Please excuse Nona. Curiosity ya know. ;)

i-VSDg84L.jpg
Looks great, is that a 612? I'm looking to get one as well for my new build.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sweet, and sorry if I missed it but what pump did you decide to use to feed it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Geo recommends the Sicce .5 so that's what I got.

Hopefully it fairs better than the 1.5 i have running my reactor!
Went to change out the carbon media the other night and realized it wasn't even running. After pulling the pump and opening it up, I found all 3 fins were missing from the impeller. Now I have to spend 25 bucks on a new impeller. :facepalm: No idea how long the pump had been running like that.

So I'm basically a copy-cat... I got a Mars Hydro light for my fuge (my cheato is basically exploding), I got my sand from Richard at TBS, then my skimmer and new fuge from Jeff at Lifereef! I just watch the Dennis channel.
I am crazy tired of used tons of Randy's Alk and zero Calcium. I wonder if it's time for a reactor. Or does my imbalanced use of 2-part mean something else is off that needs to be fixed first?

So I'm basically a copy-cat... I got a Mars Hydro light for my fuge (my cheato is basically exploding), I got my sand from Richard at TBS, then my skimmer and new fuge from Jeff at Lifereef! I just watch the Dennis channel.
I am crazy tired of used tons of Randy's Alk and zero Calcium. I wonder if it's time for a reactor. Or does my imbalanced use of 2-part mean something else is off that needs to be fixed first?

on my old 200g reef I had that problem where I was dumping in tons of alk compared to calcium (brs two part). Never understood why. Recently BRS put out a video explaining that sometimes if you are adding too much that can happen and you need to back off. But anyway, when I switched to a CaRx at that time, it all fell into place.

Back