d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

i-vJR6GSZ.jpg

Dennis, do you have to do anything to keep your Yellow Ball Sponge clean, or does it stay fairly cleaned off on its own?

Dennis, do you have to do anything to keep your Yellow Ball Sponge clean, or does it stay fairly cleaned off on its own?

I do not.
You'll see crabs and stuff on it alot. And it may just be in a good spot where it's getting a lot of flow. It opens up with those large craters a lot.
Other one's that I've had in the past stay closed and get dirtier.

i-G39WTd6.jpg

Here's a few more pics of the science lab under the tank. :)
There is a dense ball of cheato and a few big tufts of dragon's breath rolling around in the fuge.

Also, the CaRx is doing well! Now that I have the needle valve, it's very close to being dialed in. Alk is at 8.4 this morning, dropping just .1 from last night.

i-vC3hPdf.jpg

i-B4D2Vrj.jpg

i-8VHPCb7.jpg

I don't recall the exact model off hand, there is a bunch of them on amazon.
Go back to around April in this thread and I should have the info there.

Thanks, Dennis, I found it. I have a Lifereefugium very similar in size to yours that I'm trying to get chaeto growing in. I'd have to rig up some way to hang the thing.

Browsing through the shots of your Part 2 makes me think I should email Richard about a color-up package. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dennis, I found it. I have a Lifereefugium very similar in size to yours that I'm trying to get chaeto growing in. I'd have to rig up some way to hang the thing.

Browsing through the shots of your Part 2 makes me think I should email Richard about a color-up package. :thumbsup:

haha, you should! :thumbsup:

For some reason the cheato isn't growing as well as it did with my Mars Hydro... not sure if its the light or water chemistry or something.

Sorry if I missed this in your thread, but any reason why you have the flow sensor on the drain line rather than the return line?

Sorry if I missed this in your thread, but any reason why you have the flow sensor on the drain line rather than the return line?

Don't want to speak for Dennis, but I would imagine it's to get an alert of a potential clog in the drain line.

The flow sensor is on my return line.

Did I have it on the drain line before the restart? Who can remember such things? :lmao:

Whatever, either way works. :thumbsup:

EDIT: See two posts down and ignore the above statement. I'm seriously losing it.

Last edited:
The flow sensor is on my return line.

Did I have it on the drain line before the restart? Who can remember such things? :lmao:

Whatever, either way works. :thumbsup:

Oh ok. I just assumed that was the drain line since you are using a corrugated tubing. I kind of like it on the drain line to be honest. I may try that on my setup.

Oh ok. I just assumed that was the drain line since you are using a corrugated tubing. I kind of like it on the drain line to be honest. I may try that on my setup.

oh! I'm sorry... I must have been on crack yesterday.
It IS the drain line! :facepalm:

Jesus.... I started IF'ing this week and I really think it's messing with my brain. :fun5:

Sorry for the confusion.

Got it all hooked up and running.
Now to start tuning it in. :)

The only spot I have for this stuff is in front of the sump, but I can slide things around if needed.
For instance, the tank can slide close to the reactor so I can do fuge maintenance.

Please excuse Nona. Curiosity ya know. ;)

i-VSDg84L.jpg
With the carx, what are you dosing now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just noticed you're running a needle valve on your calcium reactor. Are you no longer controlling the effluent with a masterflex?

GEO's website says the foot print on the CR612 is 11" x 10". It doesn't look quite that big in your stand (excluding the CO2 tank of course). Would you agree with that foot print or do you think the main unit would fit in a smaller area? I'm trying to leave space down the road to add a reactor. Thx.

Back