d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

That is a list of some things that may or may not be included right? Did you get all those gorgs just by chance that they were included in your package? I hate to suggest this, but I gotta think many of those itmes were cherry picked. You have such a diverse selection of gorgs/sponges etc. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but should everyone expect to get a package that nice???

This is my 4th tank set up with The Package.
Richard has been very generous.
But check out all the threads in the TBS sponsor forum.
I don't think anyone is ever disappointed. Most describe it like Christmas morning! ;)

I have to say that the worst experience I have ever have was with the TBS rock system. I got more pest in my tank and and finally took it down replace it with dry rock. The sponges died, the filter feeders were iffy and pest I could not rid my tank of.

I have a great tank now but never ever will I use TBS again.

I know you you are a great reefer Dennis but it is not all good, hope you can get the bad stuff out.

I have to say that the worst experience I have ever have was with the TBS rock system. I got more pest in my tank and and finally took it down replace it with dry rock. The sponges died, the filter feeders were iffy and pest I could not rid my tank of.

I have a great tank now but never ever will I use TBS again.

I know you you are a great reefer Dennis but it is not all good, hope you can get the bad stuff out.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience! :(

This is my 4th TBS tank.
I won't do it any other way. For me the benefits far outweigh a few pesky hitchhikers. :)

I was about to post... I have diatoms already.
What did that take? 5 days? :eek:

Dennis -- very nice build! I've always loved the clean lines and designs of your tanks, and this is no exception. Your cube helped convince me to order from TBS for our build 2 years ago and I've never regretted that decision. Looking forward to seeing how this tank progresses!

That is a list of some things that may or may not be included right? Did you get all those gorgs just by chance that they were included in your package? I hate to suggest this, but I gotta think many of those itmes were cherry picked. You have such a diverse selection of gorgs/sponges etc. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but should everyone expect to get a package that nice???

I know I'm just one random person, but I ordered from TBS two years ago before I had more than a handful of posts on here and each of the two shipments we got with "the package" was pretty much like Christmas -- with some gorilla crab huntin' built in. I'm from NYC and we don't do much hunting there, but it was an adventure ;) But seriously along with the amazing rock, sand, and promised inverts, Richard sent us a ton of unexpected goodies -- totally seemed on par with what Dennis gets, and I was just some new customer in the Midwest to Richard, starting up my first 75g tank.

Dennis,

I think I read that you won't be setting up a quarantine tank for your fish. How are you planning to deal with potential ich outbreaks?

Dennis,

I think I read that you won't be setting up a quarantine tank for your fish. How are you planning to deal with potential ich outbreaks?

I just let them fight it off.
Move like a butterfly, sting like a bee! :cool:

R.I.P Mr. Ali. :)

Picked up a my pair of Wyoming White juveniles that someone has been holding for me.
These little dudes are only 3/4" long. :)

i-hTx22gD-XL.jpg

i-WkD3phW-XL.jpg

I love baby clowns.

I've got a pair of occy's the same size in my ten gallon.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Picked up a my pair of Wyoming White juveniles that someone has been holding for me.
These little dudes are only 3/4" long. :)
Will you qt them yourself? Not sure if "someone" was a local reefer you trust, or a LFS. You've been all about surprises lately, so it wouldn't shock me to learn that you've built an epic QT in a back bedroom without telling us (your friendly internet admirers ).

No QT.
I don't believe in QT unless you QT every single fish, coral, snail, crab, star, rock, grain of sand, etc that goes into the tank.
If you skip anything, all the rest is pointless.

No QT.
I don't believe in QT unless you QT every single fish, coral, snail, crab, star, rock, grain of sand, etc that goes into the tank.
If you skip anything, all the rest is pointless.

You rebel! I bet you struggle with every problem in the hobby. Oh wait, you're one of the most successful reefers I know. Maybe the Internet isn't the fountain of all wisdom and knowledge. Who knew? Lol. Wish my 18 year old learned that lesson. He likes to challenge me with something a YouTuber said.
Btw, you actually have me considering flying to Tampa to dive with Richard when I'm ready for my upgrade. Been a while since I dove, but what an epic experience that would be, right?

Back