d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

Thanks everyone.
We got a break in the rain intensity and the water is receding. I can see our sidewalk now.
Should be ok until tonite when it's supposed to get heavy again.

The water has completely receded, and that's while still raining a bit.
Ready for the next round.
Current models ain't looking good so this is not over. Another 15-20" on the way.

Is your area under evacuation yet?

No, we are in city limits. No evacuations yet. Some of the burbs have been given voluntary evacuations.
Many areas like mine are just hit and miss. One street may be totally under water and another dry.

For those not familiar with the downtown area and Buffalo Bayou with all the pedestrian trails and roadways, here's a few pics.

This is what it normally looks like. I go running here at lunch.
aerial-pic-of-park.jpg

picnic-in-the-park-buffalo-bayou-park.jpg

And here is what it looks like today. :(

f_txflooding_170827.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

harvey-10-rt-er-170827_12x5_992.jpg

Looks like Brisbane in 2010. Stay safe and stay away from the water & dirt afterwards. A lot of people got VERY sick after the Brisbane clean up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis, I hope you and your family are OK. I'm praying the storm continues to move and things settle down.

Stay safe.

-Chris

Hope you are still dry. I am in touch with my brother and other friends in Cypress. They have water basically at their door steps.

It was up near the door again last night but receded by this morning.
Rain continues today and the wind has picked up a bit, but currently our area is not flooding. Fingers crossed. Many friends and coworkers have not been so lucky.

Dude,

Holy crap! I hadn't checked the thread in a few days and those pics are just incredible. I hope all is ok. Stay safe!

Thanks everyone!
After a couple very close calls, our house remains dry and power still on.
But many many people including friends and coworkers have not been so lucky. :(

Thanks for checking in Dennis. Hope you continue to have good luck. Both my bothers are still dry, but some of my friends are not so lucky. It has been a sad Facebook day with old friends talking about leaving their homes or having water in it. Suck too that there is no way I can get to them to help.

Lost power at 2am.
Running the generator.
Luckily temps are low so we don't need the AC.
And its still raining but its light. The storm is steadily moving east.

Back