. . . da RC Artsy-Cube project - - - Picture Intense

Hi Marc. I was dosing one whole vial of BioDigest and BioTim every 15 days for about 3 months or so.
Cheers

Just dosing the vials? No live rock or any other sort of media for bacteria to settle in, only the shallow layer of sand?

Blah. I had trouble with the nano reef at the house. So, I moved some corals to da Artsy Cube, which I keep at work. The tank has been stable for about 2 good months now, but I did not have luck with sps.

I have been think about putting in some LPS and shrooms. Buddy fell through on the green star polyp ring. That proably makes you happy Marc. :)

How would ricordia look on the ring. Maybe some exotic lps/micromussa on the column walls.

Any thoughts?

Acans around the ring would be sweet, but you'd have to feed them to get them growing so they'd fill in that surface area. I think it would be neat.

hmm, I have a few in there now that I rescued from the home nano.

I was thinkin gof putting those on the column walls. How would that look if the acans grew vertically up and down that column???

Shrooms would fill the ring much faster.

The zoanthid idea had been tossed around quite a bit. I was against it because I wanted only 4 sps on the column walls accented by a wavy green star polyp on the ring.

That may look nice since the GSP fell through.

Sorry to hear about your sps. I was really hoping it would take. Although I was wondering how they would do being introduced to a new tank. I wouldn't give up on the idea, I think with the tank being fully cycled and established they will do fine. Especially with the addition of the protein skimmer. And I second the idea of an external filter filled with live rock. At least some in the rear chamber of your tank.

I also find that carbon works wonders for my sps. When I first tried to keep sps a couple years ago, they all died within a month. I gave up for a while but recently started running a lot of carbon and got a few acro frags and they are doing amazingly. I give the credit to the tank being established for a couple years and the constant use of carbon.

Just my $0.02. I see you have quite a bit of experience and I don't want to sound arrogant.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. How much carbon do you use? and How often do you change it?

I just use the recomended amount, but only change it every 3 months or so, out of laziness.

I just found this thread, awsome job...

Did you ever take the video of the fish hunting?

Crap. . . no. I sure miss Phlegm. The entire office staff loved that little fish. We would even get a lot of business guests that marveled at Phlegmming.

I'm sorry to hear about your fish and sps losses. I think the acans growing vertically would be very different (in a good way); honestly, I can't remember ever seeing that before. :)

I agree with the paly and zoas on the ring or visa versa. If you picked a handful of great colors for the ring, it could be amazing! Like a rainbow! Just a suggestion; I'm sure you'll decide on something great. Very interesting build! It's refreshing to see something so unique, great job!

Thanks Kasey. My itch has been re-ignited to finish this project, now that the water quality has stabilized.

Marc, this is your fault. I'm going to have my wife call you when she sees the new reciepts on the desk. :)

I would really like to have that stand built. The stand idea is as creative as the tank, and it would look like a work of art.

Cheers

Back