daily water changes in QT for whitespot

shoura

Premium Member
Hello!
Sorry to be a bit dim :lol: but would you mind going through this procedure step by step--in your article about Marine Ich you state:
"Fish are put into a quarantine/hospital tank and then everyday for two weeks the tank is completely cleaned and a 50% water change is performed"
I have a new Kole Tang who has been in the QT since I bought him 11 days ago, and in that time I have been gradually bringing the SG up from the Fish Shop's 1.018 to my tank's 1.025 (QT is now up to 1.024) All was going well until yesterday when I noticed one white spot on him :( He also seems to have developed a grey patch on one side near his gill--don't know what that is :confused:
He is still eating and active.
My question relates to the cleaning aspect of the procedure--how do you do that and do you have to take the fish out when you do it??
Many thanks for any help you can give me!! :)

Leave the fish in the tank. Handling it often could lead to physical damage and secondary bacterial infections.

The procedure itself is really quite simple. Turn off the pumps and heaters. Scrub down the entire quarantine tank with a standard aquarium pad. Allow the debris to settle for a few minutes. Siphon off the debris and half the water. Refill and turn everything back on.

Back