Damaged fitting on BRS RODI unit

syngraves

As the title reads, I just received a new RODI system from BRS. It arrived with a damaged fitting that is leaking like crazy so I contacted them immediately with no response to phone calls or email... Been a week and I am desperately low on water and wont be able to get to my LFS for water until next week.

Is there a way I can repair this fitting temporarily? Maybe some JB Weld?

Better yet, would anyone be able to tell me what this fitting is called or a size so I can find a replacement at the local hardware store? I know the input end is a push lock style. Just cant tell if it is threaded into the filter body or not.

Havent tried removing it since I wasn't sure if BRS wanted me to return it or not but haven't gotten any reply so I'm kinda running out of options.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190127_183653.jpg
    MVIMG_20190127_183653.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Poor CS by Bulk Reef Supply.

If you are lucky, that is a standard fitting size that you can get at HD/Lowes.

Just unscrew it and bring it in with you. There should be a section in plumbing with all sorts of fittings for a couple $.

No response to phone calls or emails to BRS for a week? I find that hard to believe..
That fitting should be readily available at any local hardware store/home depot,etc..

Should be 1/4" FPT to 1/4" John Guest quick connect (push on) elbow..

and yes.. simply unscrew and take it in with you..

As the title reads, I just received a new RODI system from BRS. It arrived with a damaged fitting that is leaking like crazy so I contacted them immediately with no response to phone calls or email... Been a week and I am desperately low on water and wont be able to get to my LFS for water until next week.

Is there a way I can repair this fitting temporarily? Maybe some JB Weld?

Better yet, would anyone be able to tell me what this fitting is called or a size so I can find a replacement at the local hardware store? I know the input end is a push lock style. Just cant tell if it is threaded into the filter body or not.

Havent tried removing it since I wasn't sure if BRS wanted me to return it or not but haven't gotten any reply so I'm kinda running out of options.

No response to phone calls or emails to BRS for a week? I find that hard to believe..
That fitting should be readily available at any local hardware store/home depot,etc..

Should be 1/4" FPT to 1/4" John Guest quick connect (push on) elbow..

and yes.. simply unscrew and take it in with you..

Yep. And you can probably find one at Lowes or Home Depot. Just take the original fitting with you so you can match up the thread size.

I wouldn't be coming here for suggestions if I had heard from BRS.... Im not too familiar with plumbing since engines are more my area of expertise. Thanks for the info everyone.

I had very small leak on my BRS filter when I first received it. One line was cut too short and strained the connection. They were very quick to apologize and sent me out 3 feet of new line right away (I only needed about 6 inches). Other customer service has been good, and I would think if you called them back or perhaps posted on their vendor section here they'd be quick to respond.
That being said, I have found Home Depot carries everything I ever needed for RODI plumbing. Lowes not so much.

Back