Dave's 15g Oceanic

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14761950#post14761950 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dave Harms
Some photo's from this past December after I had begun stocking the tank:

121408_0168.jpg

I used to have a shroom rock just like that, I called the green ones camo-shrooms as they blended with the rocks. Unfortunately they came with red flatworms and funked up my tank til I discovered flatworm exit about 2 years later.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14865109#post14865109 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefy.Dave
the vortech im sure will be a great addition. you plan on adding any new fish ?

I'm overloaded on fish as it is. The only way I'd get a new fish is if one or more of these dies / has to come out.

Purple pseudochromis is a favorite of mine...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14865560#post14865560 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gutter
I used to have a shroom rock just like that, I called the green ones camo-shrooms as they blended with the rocks. Unfortunately they came with red flatworms and funked up my tank til I discovered flatworm exit about 2 years later.

Ugg! Hope you finally got the flatworm situation fixed! :D

That "camo-shroom" is a really nice one... It isn't spreading like the others in my tank, I wish it would!

Here is a shot with the H1 mounted. As you can see it is producing a hella-lot of bubbles. Scott at Aquatic Specialty says he is talking to WM about fixing this issue...

wm8.jpg

You can also see how my wife talked me into cleaning the sides of the tank so she can see in the sides too. :D

Just ordered a reactor from BRS. I plan on running just carbon to keep my water crystal clear. I have never had much luck running GFO and I don't currently have a problem with hair algae, knock wood.

After reading good things about the BRS reactor here and other places I figured I'd give it a try. The two-little fishes reactor I ran in my 70 gallon tank was a POS.

Jon from Warner Marine has responded in the thread with the H1 write-up, link above. Sounds like he is dedicated to making things work properly with this skimmer. This is production model #1 and they hadn't even ran it in the office yet! So sounds like we will be working on a cure. It's fun to be involved with getting a new skimmer design to work right.

Aside from the bubbles the skimmer is beginning to draw some skimmate, so far it is very wet. I will be doing some tweaking of the cup level the next couple of days.

Thanks!

I run the full setup Eheim recommends. Carbon pad, fine filter pad, coarse filter pad and the Substrat Pro.

I picked up a nice chunk of these guys today and was able to get about three nice sized frags of them:

Under Actinics:
042809_0009.jpg

With Flash:
042809_0012.jpg

And these guys, which I REALLY like, they are green and blue. They were part of a HUGE EXPENSIVE rock at the LFS, he let me get a frag. :D

This isn't the best shot as far as color goes:

042809_0013.jpg

The Orange Claw is climbing on the last frag I glued up today, it's a sweet golden Protopalythoa that the LFS has had forever. He let me cut a frag off of it today. :D

Today's Tests:

SG 1.025
Ca 460
dKH 8
PO4 0
NO3 5ppm

I'm guessing my nitrates are a bit higher than usual due to the new skimmer not being fully broken in yet.

I took the HUGE rock that used to dominate the right side of the tank out a couple days ago. I beat the hell out of it with a hammer and chisel. You can see it is much smaller now. The anemone has taken to chilling on the back of that rock, even before I broke it up. I'm guessing it likes the flow there.

In the center of the tank you can see a couple of new mushroom rocks. One has purple and red shrooms, both with green streaks. The other has watermelon greens.

050209_fts.jpg

The PVC pipe on the left has a purple and red mushroom that I am trying to get to attach to a frag disc.

Here is my ORA bird's nest, along with some various mushrooms and Halymenia. The bird's nest started as a dinky little stick of a frag. It is growing really well.

050209_birdnest.jpg

Back