Dave's 15g Oceanic

Here are the two new mushroom rocks.

050209_shrooms.jpg

Here is the beginning of my zoa garden:

050209_garden.jpg

Nothing real fantastical, but I like them. :D

I really want to pick up some of the more exotic palys like purple death and nuclear green.

AKK!

I woke up this morning and heard a weird noise coming from my tank...

050309_nem.jpg

My BTA got caught in my Koralia. The tank, CLOUDY. I did about a 3 gallon water change, which was all I had on hand. Later when the LFS opens I'll go get some more water and do another change.

The WM skimmer was all crudded up with nem goo and wasn't making bubbles very well so I took it all apart and cleaned it out.

My corals look OK, considering. The lights aren't on yet so I can't tell for sure, looks like they are just nighttime-closed.

I don't see my clown anywhere. I hope he wasn't still tangled up in that mess when I flushed the nem!

Yeah, he had a chance, but I decided the experiment of having a nem in a small tank was over. I didn't want to put him back in the tank. I hated to flush him, but I had nothing to put him in and the LFS's weren't going to be open for hours.

I don't think he was all that happy in the tank, he moved a lot and stung up my corals pretty good. I reckon there's a reason people don't recommend keeping nems in small tanks.

So after a brief experiment with bare bottom I decided to go back to sand. I took everything out and put in 20 pounds of Arag-Alive Bimini Pink. I just didn't have the flow for BB. It has now been in the tank just short of 2 months.

So here is the last image you will see of my clown:

070109_clown.jpg

I broke down yesterday and brought him along with a small damsel to the LFS. He was going to outgrow the tank eventually so I brought him in before I got too attached.

Shown here he is hosting in my Alveopora.

Here are my green star polyps, also at 5am. Some sort of red algae is growing on them, maybe the Halymenia that I have in the tank has taken root there? What should I do?

070809_0054.jpg

Here are the Rhodactis I tried to melt by taking them from a deep, 2 VHO bulb tank at the LFS to my shallow 4 T5 bulb tank here. I moved them into the shade and they seem to be doing better.

070809_0057.jpg

Remember these guys?

050209_zoa1.jpg

An EMERALD CRAB ate them.

emerald.jpg

They are always considered hit or miss as far as "reef-safeness" goes. This guy was a big miss.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15325240#post15325240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dave Harms
Remember these guys?

050209_zoa1.jpg

An EMERALD CRAB ate them.

emerald.jpg

They are always considered hit or miss as far as "reef-safeness" goes. This guy was a big miss.

Ignore the "zooxanthellae.com" mark. I used to own that domain and someone ganked it when my credit card expired. Grr.

As a side note: I couldn't get a star fish for my Harley for a few weeks (the lfs couldn't get any in) and it died. Big GRR.

Back