Deep Sea Aquatics Aquariums - Reviews?

hogfanreefer - do you have any type of cover on that? I'm thinking about doing something similar and had planned on a 1/4" screen cover.

Yes, I ordered 1/4" clear netting from BRS and got the other stuff from Lowe's. The bracing is actually made for glass tops (which come with the tank) but it works great for the window frame covers as they fit flush with the top line of the tank and aren't visible when looking at the tank from eye level.

Chiming in late, but I had a 150 gallon custom made (36"x36"x24") made by them three years ago and it is very well built. I previously have only owned oceanic tanks since the late 80's and this tank is built just like them. I think back then it took me about 4-5 weeks from the date I ordered until I recieved the tank. I bought directly from them since none of my LFS were dealers. I am getting ready to move next spring and plan on leaving my 150G behind, and building either their 225 model or maybe a custom 300.

took me like 2-3 months for mine to come in.. first one came in damaged, the second took just as long to get.. in the end very happy with the quality of the neo 65

Hogfanreefer, what did you use for your light bracket. I'm going to be buying the Neo 105 and want to get as clean a look as possible and love the look of yours.

i have the neo 185. Bought it 2 years ago.
3/4" glass, Center/back overflow with (4) 1" holes for drain and returns.
Weighs 470lbs dry because of the glass.
VERY VERY well made tank. Attention to detail is top notch. No bubbles in silicone anywhere unlike some of the other "custom" tanks ive seen from glass cages and miracles.
Will always buy from them in the future. Very easy to deal with!

I would like to revive this thread .
I'm looking at the DSA 175. 72 x 27 x 21 tall

Anyone have this tank. ??

If you're really going for a reef tank it sounds like some really cool dimensions. Shallow, you could have some fun with the aquascaping.

Stand Quality

Stand Quality

Thats a sweet tank!. I love DSA aquariums. I will evenutally get that size tank, or the one that is 72 x 27 x 21 tall.

Your's looks alot shorter then 21" tall since it 6ft long lol

I have arranged to pickup a Neo 105 Pro this weekend from a club member. He has forwarded me pics of the setup. My only concern is what is the quality of the stand? solid wood, or mixed like the later built Oceanic stands.

Mine is solid wood. Great quality stand IMO. Not 1x either, full 2x construction. Also came with an acrylic liner inside for small spills. I heard some of their old stands have side doors for getting the sump in and out of too, but mine doesn't have one of those.

I have a new DSA 135 and it is perfect. I had it custom drilled and had a side door added to the stand, so it took 2 months to get it. I ordered it through my LFS but was in email contact with DSA with my questions etc. and their communication was really great!

Not sure if this thread is relevant anymore, but I just bought a 225 DSA tank and am very happy with the construction. It came with 3 1 inch drains and 2 returns 3/4 inch that end with lockline. I like the fact that the drains and returns are all in 1 spot, but it makes plumbing a bit challenging depending on what kind of sump you use.

Back