Deep Sea Aquatics Aquariums - Reviews?

They told me they do not stock low iron glass in 1/2 inch, but can special order it for a price. I doubt they would install a over flow made by someone else. They will drill holes where you need them and you could install it your self.

Go to DSA 's home page and at the bottom of the page is the store locator, type in your zip code and how far you would like to travel.

Any pics of the stands that are not in black?

I have seen 65 pro in store and it looks great!
I was debating 75 to 120 upgrade and still keep 4 foot tank,
Now the 110 pro has my eye

+1 for stand pics. How are people liking their stands? For a 105, is it easy to get a sump in and out without doors on the stand ends?

Just got an email stating my 175 Pro with black stand has shipped. While I thought about building my own stand, getting the 7 year warranty for having it is too much to pass up.

I'm sure it will be quite the change from my current 55 with HOB. I told my wife, the fish need a bigger tank, not me. ;)

I have the DSA 110 Pro. I really liked the length on the tank over the taller models. I got the cherry colored stand as well. Both the tank and stand look great. With the 60" tank length you get four doors (1 on each end and two together in the center) on the stand. The next size down with three separate doors appeared that it would be tougher to get a sump in. I just bought it in September so I am still collecting all my other equipment. My sump won't be built until December so it give me lots of research time. I bought the glass cover, but wish I didn't. I think they'll get put in the corner and I'll do a screen top.

I just set up a DSA 155 Pro. Tank is well made, overall I am very happy. Built the stand myself, so I can comment on their stands.

Great thread. I have my DSA 155 on order. If all goes well it should be at the LFS on Tuesday.

DSA 140G Pro

DSA 140G Pro

Does anyone have this particular model? I have my lfs pricing out the 110/140. I am pretty sure it has a center brace - they sell a glass top with it. I just dumped my glass top for some eggcrate (I have a cat that jumps). Love the eggcrate - the eggcrate comes 4 foot by 2 feet so with this tanks dimensions I'd have to cut 2 pieces at approximately 3 foot by 20 inches. But obviously there needs to be a center brace. I'm ordering the stand (for the warranty) and the plumbing kit (remove user error).

I am very excited though I won't be getting it for about 3 months and then another couple of months of setting up etc.

I have a 100 gallon DSA tank. Overall I love the tank. Nice beveled edges - quality workmanship. The stand is nice, but I have issues with the canopy. It was not finished on the inside and I did not think of sealing it when I bought it. It also has a brace that goes across the inside that make hanging lights extremely difficult.

The under of the canopy the wood all warped - the braces that hold the canopy on the tank - peeled apart - to the point I was concerned I scrapped the canopy and built it using 1 x 12" oak boards.

I would buy another DSA tank today - I would not buy a canopy unless they redesign them.

Here are a few pics

uploadfromtaptalk1424716387250.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424716420252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424716420252.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. I revived this thread from the grave on a simple search. I can't go with the canopy due to height limitations. I'll probably look at lights that can stay very close to the aquarium.

Thanks for the replies. Everything I've read about DSA sounds great.

Did you ever contact DSA about the canopy and see if they warranty it. That is terrible that it fell apart

Back