Deep Sea Aquatics Aquariums - Reviews?

Well right now im having a problem with my DSA 105. Its leaking and i called DSA and after 3 days of email and phone call no help. This is the worst company i have ever delt with. I have a build thread on here jerseypete dsa 105 neo pro build. Dont know how to post like. But i would think twice before purchasing. My tank leaked after 11 months. I used their stand and have original receipt. Still nothing. Wont even return my calls

Well right now im having a problem with my DSA 105. Its leaking and i called DSA and after 3 days of email and phone call no help. This is the worst company i have ever delt with. I have a build thread on here jerseypete dsa 105 neo pro build. Dont know how to post like. But i would think twice before purchasing. My tank leaked after 11 months. I used their stand and have original receipt. Still nothing. Wont even return my calls

Oh this is no good! I currently have a model 65 pro rimless on order with cherry stand and plumbing kit. $1000.00

Local fish store owner told me they were a top quality tank. He even has one as his main display.

I hope they take care of this. This is the first bad review I have read yet, but have noticed people posting that at times they are a little slow.

Last edited:
Long story short I bought a DSA 65 Pro from my local fish store. They were going to use it as their new display tank, but they decided to go bigger. The original stand for my tank was given to another customer with the same tank due to some warranty issue. My LFS had a custom built and recessed oak cabinet made for it. Can't wait to start my new build. :)

Last edited:
DSA 190 pro here.love it. quality top notch,overflow has plenty of space to work in .silicone job perfect. custom built stand so cant comment on that.
20150323_192717.jpg

20140903_200656.jpg

love mine, took about 2wks, dsa neo 105 rimless

Sorry to quote you from over a year ago, but if you're still around, I'm curious on your screen, is it just laying loosely on the rimless top or do you have it secured somehow? I am considering getting a rimless and doing something similar.

Thanks,
Rodney

I've had my DSANEO65 pro setup for a couple of weeks now. I also purchased the plumbing kit. I love the tank, just a few little tiny erks

1.) I thought the cabinet comes with a plastic tray.. mine didn't
2.) the trim on the stand prevents you from using your magnet to clean algae near the bottom, unless you have a deeper sand bed
3.) had a hell of a time getting the bulkheads to seal. I ended up using plumber's Goop on the threads.
4.) the return elbows have holes drilled in them on the inside corner as a safety feature. I use a check valve, so I sealed the holes shut due to annoying noise.

Other than that.. I love the tank.. See link in my sig for build thread

Sorry to quote you from over a year ago, but if you're still around, I'm curious on your screen, is it just laying loosely on the rimless top or do you have it secured somehow? I am considering getting a rimless and doing something similar.

Thanks,
Rodney

I have the same tank and probably same screen as well. Mine is resting on two acrylic lid holders that are adjustable up to 12 mm, they work great and aren't too noticeable. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HR5U09M/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1436661392&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=aquarium+lid+clips&dpPl=1&dpID=31DWSVT0DTL&ref=plSrch

i cut small .5x1" plastic rectangles and glued them on the top of the screen corners, this allowed screen to sit flush w top

Here is my DSA 190 Pro w/o lights being wet tested

picture.php

Here is the canopy with lights installed

picture.php

Here is the tank being wet tested after adding 3rd light

picture.php

all in all I am happy with tank and stand, the canopy is not tall enough for radions but this is something I will live with until A. I can get DSA to build me a new canopy,B. I build my own canopy and order the paint from DSA, last time I spoke with DSA they are seriously considering being able to buy direct from them, it's something they are working on, I opted for their stand to gain the extra warranty they offer

Last edited:
on a side note, I have not wet tested the overflow box to check bulkheads, I do believe I will silicone the inside, as I have not decided on how or what kind of drain I will run, sump and support equipment will be in tomorrow, that will tell me more on how, what type of drains I will run, the drain kit came with 2 discharge and 3 1 1/4 drains, with 1 in bulkheads, not understanding that thought but I can work with it.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2497299

see how it all goes here

i am in process of ordering a DSA 140. I am getting them to quote me on a custom canopy (standard one they build is to short). I had a question though, should i include the overflow plumbing kit the sell with it for 66 bucks or get one somewhere else???

I got the drain kit, if you do not use all the fittings, at least you will have most, I do believe they come durso style

I am have a difficult time getting them to work with me on canopy! The standard one they make is on 8in tall which is not tall enough for me. I am trying to get them to make one 12in tall and add cabinet doors to the front. They already told me they cannot make the standard with piano hinge opening any taller. They tell me yesterday they cant make the doors because they will sag and it seems the only thing they will do is make a 12in canopy but with no doors............... how would i have access to the tank to feed and stuff. This is getting real fustrating. My wife said i must have a canopy on this build to hide the lights and i am really set on the model 140. Has the perfect diminsions for me. :(

I have a DSA 225 which I'm really happy with. But I went with a custom stand and canopy. It sucks they will only warrant their tanks on their own stand. I can understand their point of view, but at the same time, you limit your buyers. I felt using their stand and canopy would compromise the overall setup of my reef. I wanted a taller stand with more access and a larger canopy to accommodate metal halide heat and small doors for feeding. I also wanted a better 'look' or aesthetic that only a custom stand and canopy could provide.

I would have happily bought a stand and canopy from them if they had more options that would appeal to my aesthetic as well as more to the quirky needs of a reef tank.

I just finished my 190 plumbing using an external pump, I must say this thing is quiet, I am running the 3 dorsos that come with the drain kit, cabinet keeps alot of the noise down, I am very pleased soo far.

I've had my DSANEO65 pro setup for a couple of weeks now. I also purchased the plumbing kit. I love the tank, just a few little tiny erks

1.) I thought the cabinet comes with a plastic tray.. mine didn't
2.) the trim on the stand prevents you from using your magnet to clean algae near the bottom, unless you have a deeper sand bed
3.) had a hell of a time getting the bulkheads to seal. I ended up using plumber's Goop on the threads.
4.) the return elbows have holes drilled in them on the inside corner as a safety feature. I use a check valve, so I sealed the holes shut due to annoying noise.

Other than that.. I love the tank.. See link in my sig for build thread

The reason you had such a hard time getting the bulkhead threads to seal is because bulkheads are supposed to be glued to the pipes going into them. They threads are only for the bulkheads nut to tighten them down, not to have a female threaded adapter screw onto. Hope this helps your plumbing situation if this is the case.

Just FYI Deep Sea Aquatics LLC is no longer in business as of yesterday.

My custom tank which I've placed $ for is up in the air.

Not sure if I'll see either my large sum of money or my nearly 1,000 gallon tank.

Not a good day.

Back